15. Spitfire.

After Roy had rearranged the speedster and archer on the floor, he joined Robin on the couch again.

He sunk back into the green cushions with the little bird's head on his lap. The ginger haired archer sighed absentmindedly as he ran a hand through his little brother's raven colored locks, chuckling slightly in amusement when the kid pulled a weird face at the touch.

It was kind of hard to believe The Boy Wonder was dying. He looked perfectly fine. Well...if you take away the slightly flushed face and IV drip stand with an oxygen mask then yes, he looks healthy.

A frown tugged at Red Arrow's lips as he removed his hand from the bird's now, disheveled hair before sinking further into the back of the couch and closing his eyes to catch up on some sleep.

-=-

"Get off me, Baywatch!"

"With pleasure!"

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?!"

"Nothing! I'm trying to get u- Ow! What was that for?!"

Roy woke up to the sound of two familiar voices bickering from not too far in front of him. He inwardly groaned and slowly pried his masked eyes open to see Wally sitting on the floor, rubbing his cheek with a childish pout as a disgruntled Artemis loomed over him threateningly, fury practically radiating off of her in waves.

An all too recognizable snicker was heard from his right and he turned his head to see a certain little bird sitting next to him, watching the scene unfold with amusement evident on his face.

A slight smile graced the archer's lips before the 13-year old turned his head and caught the other's gaze. "Something wrong, RA?"

He blinked lightly and wiped the smile off his face before looking back to where Artemis was holding Wally up by his shirt collar with a fist raised, ready to strike. "No, I'm fine."

Wally brought his arms up to defend himself, yelling 'Not the face! Not the face!' as he did so.

"Shouldn't we stop them before someone gets hurt?"

"Yeah I guess so..."

The archer sighed quite lazily as he looked over to the other side of the room where Superboy was watching the scene unfold quietly with M'gann still on his lap, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Aqualad was, surprisingly, still asleep in his chair. The archer sighed. Guess it's up to him then.

He got up from the couch and grabbed Artemis's wrist just as her fist was about to come in contact with the speedster's nose.

She turned her head to glare at him before he unlatched her hand from the ginger's shirt and pushed them both aside, causing their butts to hit the floor as they fell back.

"Ow! Hey!"

"Oh shut it. I'm too tired to deal with this crap right now." E
He said, annoyed even though he was actually the reason for it happening. Still, the two stubborn sidekicks silently glared at each other before looking away with a huff.

Roy turned and sat back down next to The Boy Wonder on the sofa.

Robin was absentmindedly picking at the bandage covering the area on his wrist where the IV drip was inserted into his arm. "Robin, don't touch that. None of us know how to put it back in so you're on your own if that comes out." The ginger haired archer said as he swatted the boy's hand away from his wrist.

The raven haired teen sighed slightly as he dropped his hand back to his side. "But it's starting to itch..."

"Well get used to it, kid. It's gonna be there for a while."

Robin whined and fell back against the couch cushions, his head on the backrest as he looked up at the ceiling. "I wonder if Bats has found anything yet..."

Red Arrow bit his lip slightly. "I'm sure he'll come by when he does..."