21. Ready or Not.

After Robin had announced the game they were playing, everyone had scattered as Superman turned away to start counting to twenty.

Once he reached the final number, he didn't bother calling the usual. "Ready or not, here I come!" phrase and simply turned back to where the teens had been standing.

Everyone had gone to go find a hiding place, except for Roy. The ginger-haired archer was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed as Superman cleared his throat.

Roy didn't bother lifting his gaze to meet the kryptonian's as he replied. "I don't play kids games."

The red-caped boy scout didn't say anything back and instead, turned to go find the rest of the team.

It wasn't long before he found Wally sitting inside the storage closet in the kitchen, stuffing his face with all the food he could find in there.

The speedster didn't seem very bothered by the fact that he had been found as he made his way to the living room, repeatedly making a crunching noise as he ate out of a bag of chips he got out of the cupboard.

Ten minutes later, the kryptonian found M'gann and Superboy hiding behind sphere in the bay, huddled up next to each other.

Afterwards, he managed to catch Aqualad whilst he was moving from one hiding place to another.

Artemis was caught hiding behind the kitchen counter when Superman entered with his x-ray vision on.

Now, as expected, Robin was the only one still missing.

Superman sighed in exasperation as he walked down the hall, looking up at the ceiling, using his x-ray vision to see inside the vents. He knew he was cheating, but it would be impossible to find the bird otherwise.

After walking down a few halls and seeing nothing in the vents, he came to a stop and closed his eyes, this time focusing on his superhearing.

A few short minutes passed before a soft tapping noise sounded above him.

He opened his eyes and looked up at to where the airvent was.

The tapping sound stopped a few seconds later and a loud yelp rang throught the hall as the airvent cover came crashing down with a small figure not far behind.

Superman quickly raised his arms to catch the thirteen year old before he hit the floor.

Robin reacted quickly and pushed against the kryptonian's chest.

Superman quirked a brow, but got the message and took a step backwards just as the stand with the oxygen mask fell from the vents and hit the floor, inches in front of them.

"What was that all about?" The blue boy scout asked as he gently set the bird down.

Robin bent down once he was on the floor and picked the stand up. "It's hard to move through the vents with this thing." Was all he said as he turned to walk down the hall to the living room. "Now for the next game!"

The kryptonian watched the boy leave quietly before starting to follow. He couldn't help but think that the boy wonder had purposely let himself be found.