26. Lies.

"Come with me."

All eyes in the room shifted to settle on the thirteen year old sitting next to the red-caped boyscout, some more knowing and worried than others.

Robin gave a slow nod in response to Batman's order before getting up from the floor and walking over to his mentor, who turned and lead him out of the room, leaving behind a room of confused superheroes, two of them exchanging particular worried looks.

Robin stared ahead at the back of the cowled vigilante as they quietly walked down the hall.

Neither members of the batfamily made a sound, that is, until the thirteen year old spoke up whilst pulling the stand along with him. "Where are we going?"

"The Medical Bay." The Dark Knight stated plainly as he walked up to the door of the infirmary.

"Why?"

"I need to run a few tests on you."

The young acrobat stopped walking for a moment, causing his mentor to pause in the doorway of the medical bay before he turned to look at his protégé.

Robin silently stared at the ground for a few minutes, his brows furrowed behind his sunglasses. "...why? BC told me you already know what's wrong with me."

Batman narrowed his eyes behined the whites of his cowl, observing the boy thoroughly. "I need to run a few more tests to make sure you haven't already caused damage to your lungs or heart." He said, turning back to enter the infirmary.

The Boy Wonder stayed exactly where he was, refusing to move from his standing position in the middle of the hall, still staring at the ground.

When The Dark Knight didn't get a response from his ward, he turned his head to see the boy biting his lip harshly as he lifted his head to look at him. "...How long were you intending to lie to me?"