16

H A R R Y

I woke up to the sound tapping beside me. It wasn't overly loud but enough to break me back into consciousness. However the struggle to open my eyes was so great I began to think I was in sleep paralysis again.

"Sorry to wake you sweetheart," a soft voice whispered that I could recognise belonged to my mother. I managed to open my eyes and turn to look at her by the night stand.

"How are you feeling?" She placed a hand on my forehead examining my temperature. "You gave us quite a scare last night."

I recalled the nightmare I had last night that woke mum up, but I couldn't quite remember exactly what it was about.

"No I'm fine, mum; just a bad dream is all." I sighed, sitting up but wincing from current injury. "I think I'm good to go downstairs."

"Oh Harry, don't you think you would be better up here?"

"Mum," I chuckled at her worrisome. "Doctor said I should walk so I can release the blood clots."

She sighed and placed a kiss on my forehead, finally agreeing to let me get up. "I think I'll take a walk to Lana's. Her dad isn't home so..."

"Okay okay," she giggled, causing me to furrow brows at her. "I get it, you're in love."

I felt my heart skip a beat at the mention of the word. Why on Earth would my mum think I was in love? We'd really only been dating for a few weeks. Heck I hadn't even asked her officially to be my girlfriend.

"I'm not in love," I mumbled.

"Harry, I know you better than you know yourself. I also know love when I see it." She giggled once more before exiting my bedroom and leaving me more confused than I ever was.

Did I really love her? No way.

Maybe.

Even if my mum was supposedly right, I wouldn't even have a clue as to what love feels like, so I wouldn't know if I was in love with her or not.

The air was colder than I had remembered it to be 2 days ago, but I quite liked the feel of the chill on my wounds. It was soothing and lessened the stinging sensation. I didn't even get the chance to knock on her door before it was opened by someone inside. I was surprised and a little scared to find Mrs Gray.

She looked at me just as confused with her handbag wrapped on her shoulder. "Harry? I'm surprised to see you here. How are you feeling honey?"

She didn't hate me?

"I'm getting there, just got to be patient."

"Well get well soon lovey. Is Lana not with you?" She asked, looking behind me to see if she was there. I looked beyond her towards the staircase, surprised she was asking me.

"Uh no. I actually was coming here to see her."

"What? She didn't come home from your place last night." I looked at her with even more confusion because I was certain she left last night.

"She definitely left my place after mum came home. Have you tried ringing her?" I pulled my phone out, wincing slightly at my abdomen.