ten

"tae, please listen to me

"tae, please listen to me." 

"hey tae, are you okay?"

"what if he slams the door in my face?"

"tae, i'm so sor — oh my god, someone kill me already." 

jungkook was currently pacing back and forth, right in front of the supposed door of taehyung's dormitory. others would probably say that he's overthinking too much if they saw him listing out all the possible things that could go wrong when he's going to be talking to taehyung. 

"whatever, it's now or never," the boy mutters to himself and then raises a sweaty hand to the doorbell. 

he hears faint shuffling behind the door and could feel his own head getting heavier with each passing second. just then, the door swung open to reveal a sight that instantly made jungkook's heart sink.

taehyung's eyes widen a fraction before realization finally dawned onto him. as he prepared to shut the door, jungkook hurriedly used his foot to prevent that from happening. the lavender-haired male furrowed his eyebrows together whilst glaring at the younger.

"why are you—"

"stop avoiding me," jungkook cuts the other off, voice stern. 

taehyung gulped and hung his head low. "i'm not avoiding you," he mumbled almost inaudibly.

"yeah, and i'm not a guy," jungkook sarcastically retorted with a roll of his eyes. when the elder didn't respond, the ravenette sighed. "please don't avoid me. i don't want to see you like this, tae." 

by this, taehyung knew exactly what he meant.

this morning when he checked himself in the mirror, he saw dark rings underneath his once bright caramel eyes. his face lost all hints of color, and his lips were surely drier than the sahara desert. lifeless is the word that taehyung would use to describe what he is now.

"no," taehyung replies, throat incredibly dry and hoarse, causing his words to come out strained. "don't worry yourself over someone like me. anyways, it doesn't matter, jungkook. you probably came here because of pity, am i wrong?" he asks, giving up on trying to close the door on jungkook and letting his hand drop to his side. "just go."

"taehyung." jungkook's chest wrenched painfully. taking a huge breath, he figured that since he already made it this far, he might as well go the whole nine yards.

biting down on his lower lip nervously, he stepped into taehyung's dorm, not missing the 'what the fuck are you doing' look on taehyung's face. but the older lad didn't say anything yet, so jungkook cautiously proceeded just a tad bit further.

"i'm sorry," the onyx-haired boy uttered sincerely. taehyung's breath hitched, his whole body seemingly frozen as he is unable to stop jungkook, or even let out a protest for that matter. however, taehyung swears that he might pass out when he feels two strong arms wrapping securely around his torso, bringing it towards their own. 

those arms made him feel so safe and warm that he wished he could stay like this forever.

but then he noticed it was jungkook embracing him and quickly untangles himself from the other's arms, jumping away in shock.

"w-what are you doing?" taehyung exclaimed, cheeks flushing a deep crimson red.

red...

why does red look so beautiful on you?

jungkook unknowingly let a smile break out. "just admiring art," he replied nonchalantly, grinning inwardly as he sees taehyung desperately trying to shy away from the compliment, all his previous anger seemingly faded away.

"i hate you, jeon."

"i know."

after a long moment of silence, jungkook decides to speak up again. "so, do you forgive me?" he questions alongside a smug smirk. 

"i forgave you from the start, idiot," taehyung grumbles, storming back into his dorm without closing the door. jungkook chuckled and a fluttery feeling blooms within him at the fact that taehyung left the door open for him to enter.

 jungkook chuckled and a fluttery feeling blooms within him at the fact that taehyung left the door open for him to enter