15XD

Naruto grinned at his teammates as he sat down for the written part of the chunin exam, not realizing just how screwed he actually was.

(Yup just gonna do some skips til something you haven't read a million times happens.)

The he caught site of someone glaring at him. The boy was a bit taller than him, had striking blue eyes, and black spiky hair. He wore a black jacket over a white button up shirt and black pants and shoes. He had a katana strapped to his left side. The katana had a blue sheath with silver accents and a worn handle from extensive use.

The guy continued to glare and Naruto flipped him off. "Fuck you, ass hole."

The guy winked an eye at Naruto, making the sleeve of Naruto's jacket catch a bit of fire.

The young blonde jumped up and frantically put of the bit of fire, then hurled a kunai at the dark haired boy.

The was a flicker and a sound of metal touching metal and the kunai was split in half, each end sloppily buried into the wall. "Don't bite off more than you can chew, Naruto." The boy said.

A girl, blonde hair and sweet disposition grabbed the dark haired boy by the ear. "Sensei said only fight when it's allowed, Ara-kun!"

"Damn! Alright fine, Kira." He glanced at Naruto. "This ain't over, ya know... not by a long shot."

Shikamaru flicked Naruto's cheek. "Can you not try and start a fight with the hidden cloud, today? Troublesome blonde..."

Naruto just sat down, grumbling about how he hadn't done anything.

___the test was the exact same_____

Shikamaru stopped Naruto and Hinata before they ran through the gate into the forest of death. "Hinata, Naruto. Let's take the same formation as when we became genin and had to find kurenai."

They both nodded and Naruto spoke up. "I've been thinking about that moment during the first exam... that guy was so fast I-...I never even saw him touch his sword. If you guys end up fighting him, please forfeit."

Hinata slapped his cheek with surprising animosity. "We are your teammates, Naruto. You can't protect us from everything. Just get stronger with us and we will win."

Naruto smiled happily at her. "Your right, Hina-chan... Let's go kick some ass!" He held out his fist for her to bump. Hinata did so and matched his smile.

"What a drag... alright." Shikamaru put his own fist against theirs and thedn smirked. "...so When did you two start dating?"

"Wh-wh-what?!?!" Naruto yelled, his face turned a shade of red normally reserved for Hinata when she was embarrassed and she couldn't even talk. "Y-you shouldn't talk, I saw you staring at that Suna girl."

"Go in the forest, dumb asses! Before I disqualify you!" Anni yelled, getting the three preteens to rush into the forest.
________________________________

Team Kurenai(minus the jonin of course lol) were nearly flying across tree tops when they heard the sounds of fighting.

Shikamaru signaled for the group to stop and turned to Hinata. "Scope it out with your byakugan."

She nodded and the tell tale signs of her bloodline appeared via veins around her eyes and dark center in her eyes. "Its Sasuke-kun! His team isn't around and he's fighting a powerful ninja alone! We need to help him!" She summoned her bow and took aim, amplifying what she could see with the supernatural sight of the byakugan.

Naruto nodded. "Shika, stay with her and cover her while she covers me from a distance. If you can catch the enemy in your shadow do it, right now this is probably gonna be a ninjutsu clash."

Then, without warning, Naruto blasted off the tree branch, landing next to a very tired Sasuke. "What's up, Teme?"

"D-Dobe..." Sasuke had been studying hard under Kakashi but still looked a bit worse for wear.

"Where's-?" Naruto began to ask.

"Unconcious a mile back. He knocked them out with ease and came after me. I led the fight away from them so they didn't get caught in crossfire." Sasuke glared at the approaching grass ninja.

Naruto aimed a finger at the grass ninja with his thumb pointed to the sky. Then mouthed the word Hinata.

When he brought his thumb down an arrow sank into the grass ninja's skull, rocking his head to the side roughly and turning him into mud.

This fight was just starting.