Thirty Four

For everyone commenting on Eliana's strength and how she's no longer a strong female character, you also have to remember that she's not a normal girl. She's a princess and is about to marry someone to expand their kingdoms. She can't exactly be selfish right now and completely abandon Harry. Her choice to give him another chance was also to keep the kingdoms together.

Harry's POV

I sobbed into my hands as I sat in my bathroom. I had put Peter to bed an hour ago, but I just couldn't get my own body to relax and fall asleep. So I crept out of bed, so as to not wake Peter, and walked into the bathroom where I plopped down and began to sob into my hands.

I whimpered and tugged at my hair as I cried.

This is all your fault. She hates you. It's all because of you.

I knew she wanted her time but I just couldn't give it to her. I couldn't. I needed my princess back with me. I needed her to be by my side. To be honest, I don't know what drove me to walk to her room tonight and beg for her forgiveness but I'm glad I did.

I got to hold her one last time until she forgives me. I got to kiss her skin and smell her sweet perfume that I had fallen in love with. I got to be with her.

I hated myself for everything that had happened between us. Valentina ruined it. After Eliana left me in the gardens today, I had gone straight to Valentina's chambers and ordered her to leave the castle.

She, naturally, decided she should come up and try to seduce me again in efforts to stay but I just wasn't having it. I pushed her off of me and told her to pack her stuff and get out or I'd call the guards on her. I didn't feel any better. Relieved that she left, yes. But that didn't change the fact that I still slept with her and broke my diamond.

Honestly speaking, I didn't know if Eliana would ever forgive me. She was to marry me, yes, but that doesn't mean she had to forgive me. And that made me sad.

I wiped my eyes and stood up. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned. My eyes were red and puffy. My cheeks were flushed and my hair was tousled due to the many times I ran my hands through it.

I opened the door and looked at Peter who was cuddled into the blankets, holding my pillow to him. I weakly smiled and crept towards him and leaned down to place a kiss on his forehead. He shifted a bit but otherwise didn't move. I let out a breath and placed another kiss on his head.

"I love you," I whispered. I stood up and made my way to the bedroom door. Looking back, I made one final check to see if he was sound asleep. Once satisfied, I opened the bedroom door and began to walk down the hallways towards my mother's room.

I reached her bedroom with a couple tears streaming down my face and I knocked softly. Footsteps could be heard as they neared the door and soon the door opened to reveal my mother looking at me with a worried expression.

"Harry," she breathed, "what's wrong?"

Whimpering, I stepped towards her and wrapped my arms around her frame. I cried into her neck as she held me still, running her hands through my hair as she cooed and tried to calm me down. I sniffled and she pulled back to wipe some of the tears away.

"Come inside," she said. I nodded and stepped inside of her room and sat down on her bed. She smiled sadly at me and walked towards a small tea cart in the middle of the room. She began preparing two tea cups for the both of us, while I sat there, pathetically sniffling and occasionally wiping the snot from my nose.

I was pathetic.

"Did Eliana not forgive you?" she asked. I looked up at her.

"How did you-"