Chapter 11

Warnings: None

     ~Mitch's P.O.V.~

     "I leave for ONE hour, and I come back to this?'!"
"He wasn't behaving so we tied him to a tree."
     A long sigh. "You two are hopeless."
     "Nu-uh, he tried to escape. We stopped him. If he escaped then we would be hopeless."
     "Jerome that's- you know what. Nevermind."
     "Ugh, ENOUGH! What do you three want with me? Are you going to kill me? Torture me? Force information out of me?" I shout, wincing as the tough rope bites into my wrists.

    This is pathetic. How could I let myself be so easily captured by these... Theses freaks. And that other guy, the one in blue. What is he doing with two mutants?

     "Okay. First of all, Mr. I'm-above-all-of-you pants. We are not 'freaks'. And in fact, I'm technically part of the Rouge kingdom so shut the fudge up." The weird lava creeper hybrid hisses, glaring. I said that out loud didn't I.
     "Shut up! That is no way to talk to your superior! I don't care if you're part of the Rouge kingdom, you're still a mistake of nature! Just like the rest of those hideous mutants!" I spit, the lava mob taken back.
     The bacca creature growls and opens his mouth to yell, but the one in the blue hoodie beats him to it. "I wouldn't be talking like that considering the situation we have you in." He seethes, "We weren't going to kill you, or hurt you at all for that matter, but if you keep insulting my friends like that, I might just change my mind!"

     I scoff, rolling my eyes. But even so, I decide to shut my trap and wait for them to say whatever they have to say. It's not like I can go anywhere after all, as soon as I woke up and tried to escape the bacca and lava mob tied me throughly to a tree. A tree. It's humiliating. But they did do a good job at it, binding my wrists together behind the tree, tying my ankles firmly to its trunk, and then wrapping the rest of the rip around me chest, making it so I'm practically immobile. And I can still feel the sensitive bruise under my jaw where one of them punched me last night, and then the goose egg on my head where the bacca knocked me out so they could tie me to a tree.

     While the blue hoodie man is still fuming, comforting the lava mob who looks offended and hurt, the bacca takes a deep breathe before speaking in a clam, yet deadly voice. "I'm Jerome from the Mutant kingdom, that's Preston from the Rouge kingdom, and that's Rob from the spell kingdom." He introduces, gesturing to each of them respectively. "We're planning to get one member from each kingdom, challenge and take over the rulers, and then make peace within the six kingdoms and stop this pointless war. We heard rumours that you're sick of this war too, and we want you to join us." He explains bluntly.
     I laugh, "Ha! As if thats actually going to work. Plus, who says I don't enjoy the war? The thrill of the hunt, commanding my very own army-"
     "Mitchell please." Jerome interrupts, staring me directly in the eye. And for some reason, I'm compelled to listen. "I can see it in your eyes. You don't like this war anymore than any of us. Trust me. I know."

I manage to bite back a response of how would you know?. 'Jerome' has obviously lost someone, or maybe many, people close to him during this war. I'm not that low, even if we're pretty mush sworn enemies. And I guess... It's something he have in common. I lost my mom to this war. And my dad, though he's gentle, pretty much forces me to fight. Even if I don't want to. So he's right when he says I don't like this war more than any of them. I just won't admit it. Well... Not yet. So for the time being, I just hang my head.

     And for some strange reason I feel guilty about insulting Preston or whatever his name was. He's frowning, and hasn't spoken once after I lashed out at him. I make a mental note to apologize if and when I get the chance. Plus, the bacca looks pretty intimidating considering the circumstances I'm in, with his sharp claws and teeth, and his slitted eyes.

     "Well... What's it going to be?" Rob, if I recall correctly, pushes.

     I hold his gaze steadily for a moment, weighing my options delicately. And then slowly, I nod.

     "Fine. I'll do it."

~~~

     ~????'s P.O.V.~

     "Fine I'll do it."

     Well.

      That was unexpected.

     I find myself thinking, watching from afar as 'Jerome' unties Mitch from the tree. If I were Mitch, I'd make a break for it. That, or with Mitch's known skill, slaughter the three on the spot. But he doesn't run. Doesn't fight. In fact, i think he's actually apologizing for his earlier remark to the strange lava mob they call 'Preston.'

     "Interesting..."

     My gaze shifts sideways, and I quickly lash out my hand to knock the blow dart from one of my rookies hands. He was just about to shoot a poison dart at Mitch, fulfilling our quest to kill Prince Mitch. He looks surprised, so I take it upon myself to explain.

     "I don't want to kill him yet." I state simply, turning back to watch as the four begin to move away from the Royal kingdom.

     'Rob' gives Mitch back his armour, cape, and weapons. Which include an enchanted bow and a diamond sword. For a moment, I get the feeling Mitch had merely tricked them and is going to wound or kill one of them before running off. But yet again, he continues to surprise me as he does not do this. I furrow my brow in confusion. Why not just kill them?   What game are you playing at, Mitch?

     "...may I ask why?" The assassin who I knocked the blowgun from questions, an eyebrow raising.
     "No real reason... When the time comes murdering him will be an easy feat. But for the time being... I'd like to watch this play out for a few more days." I reply offhandedly, watching the four fade farther and farther into the distance.

     And it's true, I am genuinely interested in this small turn of events. But.. That's only half the reason I prevented him from killing Mitch right then and there.

     Why?

     Because I always get the kill.

~~~
Questions of the chapter:

Who here has or had braces?

My answer: I have them right now :(, I've had them for about 7 months now, and they told me I'd have them 18-24 months. I also had the, in grade 3/4. Lucky me 🤕