chapter 27

QOTD: lets debate ghirahim's sexuality!¡?
► i've always imagined him to be strictly demise-sexual but idk

[Name] was surprisingly quiet throughout the travel to Hyrule Castle. Normally Zant wouldn't think much of it, but for whatever reason this aggravated him. He was expecting struggle, screams of protest, something! Not this dull silence.

"Maeraky," he started. "No. . . [Name], was it?"

"Stop talking to me," she hissed.

"[Name] suits you better," he continued, his lips curling up in sheer amusement.

When Hyrule Castle came into view, she was dropped onto one of the stone balconies. Zant fluttered ever-so-elegantly down beside her, striding into the palace.

"This way," he instructed.

"I'd rather go the other way," she declared, turning to the opposite direction, toward the edge. A fall from this height would result in an unavoidable, gruesome death. She doubted Midna would conveniently be there to catch her again.

She climbed onto the ledge, staring down at Castle Town. Telma and the others were so close, yet she couldn't call out for them. And even if she did manage to survive the fall, she couldn't leave the castle's premises. All thanks to this annoying diamond-shaped barrier. She was beginning to despise said barricades.

"I won't stop you," Zant called, not moving from his spot within the palace. She sent him a smug, tight-lipped smile.

"Fine," and she hopped backwards, plummeting toward the flat stone surface below. Almost immediately, she regretted this decision. A flurry of panic erupted throughout her as she squeezed her eyes shut. Nonononono--

...That is, until she landed in someone's arms. Cautiously peering through a half-lidded eye, she met the helmed face belonging to Zant.

"You're a liar!" she screeched, jumping out of his hold.

"And you've no sense of acuity," he muttered. She squinted at him. She wondered, if he had no qualms about letting her drop to her death before, why he stopped it this time. She internally grumbled, crossing her arms.

"If you're gonna kill me, I'd rather get it over with already," she huffed. Zant's eyes glazed over her own, boring deep into her red irises. His silence was painfully grating. Her lips remained in a straight line, awaiting his response.

He reached a hand up, his lithe fingers brushing softly against her cheek. She jerked away at the contact. It reminded her too much of the demon bitch. He let his arm fall, resting at his side once more. Her flinch seemed to have irked him.

"My god wishes to dispose of you himself," he said.

She scowled. "Lucky me."

le meanwhile

Ghirahim completed chanting the spells of the Oocca, and was relieved to have successfully reactivated this Gate of Time. The familiar violet glow began to spin around the gate's entrance, revealing a clockwork pathway.

He stepped through. A tingling sensation prickled his skin as he passed through thousands of years, all within a matter of seconds. When he arrived in the Era of the Sky, he noticed the atmosphere was dark. He was near the outskirts of the Sealed Grounds. In the center of the spirals he could see himself, in the midst of sacrificing the sky maiden Zelda. And Link was nearby, battling his way through hordes of bokoblins.

"Wonderful," Ghirahim's tongue rolled over his lips. He wasn't a fool; he knew he couldn't allow Link nor his past self to catch him running around, else paradoxes would stir, but that didn't mean he couldn't toy with the Hero from the sidelines.

He summoned three times the amount of bokoblins Link was already struggling with, snickering as the Hero's face paled. It was terribly amusing, and stalled the young Hylian considerably.

Inevitably however, the chosen one made it past the mobs and approached the center.

While the Ghirahim of the past interacted with the original Hero, the time-traveler took it upon himself to complete the sacrificial ritual in his counterpart's absence. He scowled as he saw himself humiliated at the mercy of that skyrat, but he must restrain himself.

He does survive, after all.

And so will Master Demise.

The ritual completed just as the past Demon Lord collapsed to his knees. 

"This... This is preposterous. Driven to my knees by a simple child of a man. Laughable!" His breaths were hitched and unsteady. "No matter how many times we clash, I can't prevail! You think I can't defeat you? You think I can't win?? Boy... What are you?"

For a moment, Link was relieved. Ghirahim indulged in destroying every ounce of hope the young Hero felt; now that he was back in this era, the rat won't escape.

A breeze swept by, causing the past demon to glance over at the sky maiden. Realizing the ceremony had continued without him, he snickered.

"Ah... But never mind that. Victory is still mine to savor. While we fought, the ritual I started continued... At last, it's complete! The demon king shall devour the soul of the goddess and resurrect in his full glory!"

Through the center of the Sealed Grounds, a fluorescent, violet mist shot out. This haze whirled around the area, a fitting splendor to honor the revival of the Demon King.

The King towered at least nine feet above the ground, with shoulders wider than Link's abdomen. Dark scales framed his burly form, and glowing bits of crimson hid beneath said scales. Besides that, perhaps, the only trace of vibrance lied within his hair - a mesmerizing thatch of amber flames. His eyes burned a similar glow.

It took all of Ghirahim's willpower to keep himself from running out and greeting his master. He was almost as relieved as [Name] was when she saw the Dominion Rod for the first time. To be here, with his Master once more. . . This was maddening.

He watched as Demise took control of Ghirahim's past self, envying every bit of this. To have his master manifest a sword out of his diamond again would send him soaring with ecstasy. He could barely contain his desires.

Master . . .

"If you fear for your life, do not follow me. You can spend what little time your world has left cowering and crying, as befits your kind."

Link clenched a fist around the Master Sword.

"But if you truly desire to raise your blade against the world I would build, come for me. I've waited eons to return. I can spare a few more moments to let you decide."

Ghirahim summoned an army of bokoblins. He wished to speak with his master after centuries apart, and couldn't allow anyone to interrupt now.

He stepped through the portal while Link was busied, sparing one glance back. He glowered. He made sure this boy, who would murder his master should he fail to intervene, unconsciously feel every bit of his rage.

  •  

a/n

IM SORRY

I HOPE I DIDNT MAKE THIS CONFUSING

Im not good at time travel stories //shot