Chapter 14

Unedited

The confidence in her steps magnified tenfold the closer she drew to the field. She was, once again, by the side of her closest friend in territory she knew well. Her home.
Just ahead of her, she could see the person who wanted to take it away from her, surrounded by a large group of his underlings.
      Making her way to the clearing she had chosen just for this occasion, she relaxed a bit as she heard the footsteps of her companions.
She was hoping this wouldn't take too long. She stopped at the middle of the field before crouching down. Digging her fingers into the dirt, she willed her mind to do her biddings. Vines grew around her, bending and weaving with each other. A dome formed around her, around 20 feet high and 60 feet wide. Vines began to weave a floor, one with holes where she could summon her plants. The lanky, no-faced man had already agreed to the structure design.
As she finished the creation of her structure, flowers began to bloom on the vines. Standing up in a graceful manner, she turned towards her measly team, who had already begun making their way to her, then glancing over her shoulder at the much, much larger group.
Looking at her group of three, she walked towards them. Hugging her most trusted ally, Mikey, she gave him a quick peck on the lips, whispering something into his ear. Nodding, he hugged her once again, murmuring prayers into her hair, eyes closed, lips pursed, all while rocking side to side. He gave her one more long, lingering kiss before she moved on.
Hugging the next man, she kissed the side of his black, woolen ski mask. Hugging him, she whispered, "Thanks for all your help, Hoodie! Really. If it weren't for you, this wouldn't be happening, and I'm grateful for that. I'm forever in your debt."
Moving on to the final person, she stood in front of him and nodded in appreciation. "Thank you, EJ, for all the healing you've done to me. I haven't known you for long, but that doesn't mean thanks aren't in order."
Turning back to the field, she began walking before feeling a hand on her wrist. Simultaneously turning around as she was pulled back, hitting a chest as arm closed around her. Looking up at the familiar blue mask, she watched him pull up his mask a bit to show a toothy grin. "You better win, or you can forget about me ever talking to you again!"
Grinning back, she pecked his check as well before running towards the dome. Right as she set her foot on the surface of the floor, a figure loomed in front of her, as if threatening her to take one more step. Looking up to meet the man's 'gaze', she glared at him before speaking, making sure to project her voice. After all,how would the 'pastas standing 10 yards back hear her? "Good evening, Mr. Slender. I'm sure you remember the rules we've established, but just to jog your memory, I'll review them," She turned towards the crowd, smirking at their confused expressions. "The rules are simple. Anything goes as long as I'm not killed.We've agreed that if I were to kill him, I shall be the new leader of the creepypasta." Whispers and loud yells could be heard sweeping through the crowd.
Before it could escalate, she continued. "But, if I no longer have the strength to fight him, he'll gain possession of Michael," she gestured towards him, "and I and we will be joining you all."
She turned to him again. "Breaking the rules will not be tolerated. If you were to kill me, on purpose or accident, you will no longer be in possession of the creepypasta. Instead, possession will be given to someone else, that person already being decided."
"Are you ready to begin?" He nodded at the question.
Walking to their set starting points, both getting into their fighting stances. Hoodie walked forward, looking at both of them, waiting for the signal. Seeing both nod their heads, he began the countdown. "3...2...1...Go!"
Running from the 'splash zone', he quickly turned to watch the scene unfold. He hadn't missed anything...probably because nothing happened. The two were standing, both staring at them, waiting for something to happen. They studied each other, dissecting every arm movement, every foot shuffle, every blink, looking for any sign of menace, not daring to make a single move.
Finally having enough of it, Y/N licked her lips, the smirk still on her face, before shifting a bit. Happening in less than a second, many vines came up through the tiny holes, weaving themselves together at the speed of light, while trying to wrap around the tall man's ankles. Already anticipating the move, he leaped out of the way as soon as he felt the vibrations on the stage from them.
Right when his feet touched the ground, he speeded toward her, his tendrils coming out, ready to strike. Of course, she was ready for him. Trying to predict his next step, she continuously made obstacles in his path, trying to trip him up. Failing at each attempt, she stopped them when he was 10 feet away. Making a shield out of the vines, she took the time to take the daggers out of their sheaths at the sides of her hips. She knew she'd need them to defeat the monster.
At the sound of a collision, she quickly ran up to the barrier before using a summoned flower to spring herself over the wall. Seeing as he was a tad disoriented, she easily got the jump on him, plunging they knives into his back. A roar of anger sounded out, and before he could do anything, she quickly slashed off a few of his tendrils before being slapped away.
Flying through the air, she was able to contort her body into the ideal landing position, landing on her hands and feet, but yelping as she heard a crack come form her arm.
The fighting had only lasted a mere minute, yet, they were both panting, slightly exhausted for two totally different reasons. Standing, she held her arm as she looked at her opponent. It was then when she realized that the crowd had been cheering through the whole fight. Of course, only three voices could be heard yelling encouraging to her, but it only filled her with confidence.
Looking back at the man standing in front of her, she watched at he regenerated his tendrils. Her arm had already healed. Shaking it out, she looked at him again, studying him once again. They were basically back in their starting positions, both watching and waiting for more action.
     After minutes of waiting, Sleanderman decided to initiate the next mini-battle. Walking forward to conserve energy, he calmly strolled to stand a few feet away from the girl, and stood. She stayed still the whole time, continuing to wait for his next move. His tendrils were still out, waving about in a defensive position, as he stalked closer. Subtly, the girl shuffled backwards, stalling for time to make a plan.
     Out of nowhere, his tendril shot out, barely being blocked by a vine. Advancing cautiously, Y/N wrapped vines around one of the man's feet, stopping him from retreating and causing him to trip himself. For the few seconds he was down, she cocooned him in various plants.
     As soon as he was seemingly defenseless, she jogged over to him, and took out ones her knifes. Just as she was bending down to end him, a tendril shot out, wrapping around her in surprise. Yelping as she was picked up, she struggled in his grasp, her arm bound next to her torso. She only had a limited time to get out of the position before the match was over.

     She needed to get out.

    There was only one way that would happen.

     Closing her eyes, she took a sharp breath as a pang of pain hit her. Mumbling under her breath, words in an ancient, foreign language flew out of her mouth. As the hold on her tightened, closing off her airways, she continued rasping out the words, desperate to fight her way out.
     When the final word barely passed through her lips, a light began to shine. At first, it was dim, faintly there, but as time ran on, it grew. A bright green glow began to fill the battle area. It continued to crawl outwards, covering the crowd before creeping on. The girl could feel power rush through her veins, her heart pumping faster from adrenaline.
Blinded by light, the man's grasp just barely lightened, just enough for her to break free. Landing on her feet, she immediately ran to him, knives in hands, vines out and ready. Blow after blow was blocked, allowing her to get even closer. She knew she wouldn't be able to kill him using the measly blades, but she had a plan. One that had to work.
Stopping about a yard away from him, she looked down on him before making a dome around him. A light appeared inside it, a hypnotic purple that caused the growls from the man to cease. Walking closer, parted the vines before taking a knife and decapitating. When she was done with the grueling task, she stabbed him in the heart. Pulling out, she took a flask out of her pocket and poured its contents into the open wound. Withdrawing a lighter out of her pocket, turning it on before tossing it in.
She watched as the flames engulfed him, the smell of burning flesh filled the air. Sure he was dead, she retreated, walking away and back to her group. The cheering was nonexistent as both groups looked at her in shock. As she began to grin, a smile broke out on her posse's faces (or at least on the ones that were visible) and cheers rang out. Taking another step, she felt something rip through her chest.
It was wasn't painful, really it was a dull discomfort that almost went unnoticed. Looking behind her, her eyes could only focus on the object inside of her. Hearing a voice yell out her-the voices was too muffled for her to recognize it- she turned around to face her group. They were running to her, their blurred figures growing bigger. Coughing into her hand, she barely was able to distinguish the red substance that flew from her mouth and covered her skin.
As she felt the tendril pull away, she slumped to her knees, a rasp coming out of her mouth. Hearing a yell above her, she looked up to see a blob crouched over her. Reaching out to what she guessed was its face, she settled her hand on its cheek. Droplets of water fell onto her as undistinguished words flew out of his mouth. Curling all but he pointer finger, she held it up to his mouth. "I love you, Mikey."
     As the light that once engulfed her began to fade, the final thing she heard were words whispered into her ear. The dialogue was muddled, barely reaching her ears, but her fatigued brain managed to pick up the last 4 words. "...I love you too."

  As the color of her eyes dulled, a
yell sounded out.