Melting

"You have to tell Tate," Tom said biting into his sandwich as we sat in the kitchen.

"You have to tell him how cool it is!" Eddie said bouncing in his seat as a huge smile lit up his face.

"I know and I will-" I began but the two excited boys wouldn't let me.

"Elina you do realize there's only four Elementals in the entire world," Tom said and my eyes widened.

Only four Elementals? No wonder everyone's wary about this Adrian and his fire Elemental.

I mentally scoffed at that. Fire against water? I see myself winning there.

"Only four?" I asked my full attention on Tom now.

"Fire, water, earth and air," he said lifting up one finger for each word.

"It makes sense that we have a water Elemental-" he said giving me a pointed look, "-you. This place is all snow and water and-" before he could continue I raised my hand to silence him and his mouth shut tight.

"So that's why they made us go into the forest area," I said looking at Tom who gave me a confused look while Eddie sat there silently.

"The Elemental can't use fire here, it'll just melt or get put out because of the snow," I said slowly.

"Oh no," Tom suddenly said.

"What?" I asked immediately cautious as I looked around the room.

"We have to go see the alpha," he said jumping off of his seat while I just stood there confused.

"Now," he said more firmly and I put my hands up in mock surrender as I trailed behind him, stopping next to Eddie.

"You go play with your cars. This is big people talk," I said with a smile and Eddie rolled his eyes but smiled either way as he made his way to his room.

Tom and I walked down the many halls and made it in front of Tate's office. We stood in front of his door and stopped. We looked at each other expectantly waiting for the other one to knock.

"Go on! Knock!" I said sick of waiting as I motioned towards the door.

"Me? Your his mate, you knock," he said crossing his arms over his chest shrugging his shoulders.

"So what? You've been here longer than me," I said sticking my tongue out at him.

He raised his eyebrows in amusement as he said, "He likes you better then me."

Sighing with an eye roll I stepped forward and knocked on the door.

"You're such a child," I said disapprovingly shaking my head.

"What! Me?" Tom said in disbelief while I smirked opening the door and walking in.

I walked in with Tom right behind me. Tate looked up at us with amusement as Tom and I sat in the seats across him.

"You know, either of you could've knocked. I don't bite," Tate said leaning back in his chair.

I looked at Tom and gave him a 'I told you so' look while he did the same.

My gaze fell back on Tate and I sighed as my body shuddered when his gaze fell on mine as well.

"Alpha, I might know when Adrian and his Elemental plan to attack," Tom said and my gaze snapped to his, curious.

"As you know we have two seasons. Winters finishing and.." Tom trailed off looking at Tate who put the pieces together.

"Summers beginning. The snow starts melting," Tate paused, "-today."