40 | ❝no hablo fucktardo, carlos. really, just spare me.❞

"i still can't believe i let you hold my hand instead," she muttered in embarrassment

once raylee had entered the airplane and met the ten year old sister of lewis, she had tried to be as calm as possible. but that's not easy when you're afraid of planes. ella had decided to keep her distance from the hyperventilating older girl once she saw how much she was freaking out. instead, lewis offered to hold her hand, which was a bit nice.

"i'm kind of glad you did."

raylee didn't answer. right now, they had entered disneyland (which was in california!) and were standing in the middle of buena vista street. they were all bracing themselves for what would be an eventful day. raylee out of excitement, because, this was after all her first time in disneyland. lewis out of curiosity for what his fake girlfriend had planned out. and ella out of boredom. the younger girl was sure the couple next to her would flirt the whole time. that's why she brought her nintendo.

it was only carlos -- lewis' bodyguard and the person raylee hadn't let come in her home -- who was expressionless. raylee had a slight feeling that the spanish bodyguard didn't like her. he was just here to do his job and it didn't seem like he liked anyone beside the youngest member of the leclercq family.

both raylee and lewis decided to wear cheap caps and glasses so they would have a slight chance to not get recognised by fans. it could work if they tried to stay out of the spotlight.

raylee turned to ella with a smile. "are you ready to make your big brother the happiest and most childish person on earth?"

ella looked up from her nintendo with clear confusion. "what are you talking about? lewis is always childish and happy."

raylee frowned and looked up to lewis. "what lies did you feed her with? and why the heck isn't your nose long because of all that lying?"

"she's not wrong, you know. i only came here for the amusement that you would bring," he gave her a lazy smirk.

"i'll believe that when ice age returns."

"suit yourself."

"hm . . ." raylee looked down at the amusement park's map. "i think we'll start with . . . red car strolley?"

lewis rolled his eyes and took the map out of her hand ("hey! what did you do that for?") and put it in the back of his jeans pocket.

"if we're going to do this to make me 'childish' again, then we need to take it as we go. that's so much more fun than following a lame, albeit colourful map."

raylee shrugged. "whatever. lead the way."

the siblings looked at each other, smiling wickedly. you could easily see the resemblance between them even if they might not share the same father. ella had safely tucked her DS in her small purse and was looking at the couple. "no, you lead the way."

"ha-ha, yeah no, i don't think so, superstar."

"it'll be much funnier, though," ella responded, eyes sparkling with happiness as she looked around. this was such a contrast to how she was a moment ago. "adventurous."

"fine."

one hour later, and lots of roller coasters later, raylee stared at the key chain of her and lewis. how the singer had managed to look equally handsome in the picture, raylee didn't know. she herself, had looked very constipated.

she didn't want to buy it, but lewis insisted, so she did as he said.

"you look beautiful, miss," carlo snickered, pointing at the key chain.

lewis and ella had went off taking a roller coaster for ella's height, while raylee and carlos stood right there waiting for them to finish. it had to be the longest five minutes that she had ever had to endure.

"no hablo fucktardo, carlos. really, just spare me."

this had shut the spanish bodyguard up with a scowl. if there was a slight chance for him to like her now, then it definitely wasn't now. she didn't even want to sound rude, not really, but when Carlos had been non-stop teasing her and coming with unnecessary comments, she decided she had had enough.

"that was fun," lewis' melodic voice came within their earshot. raylee sighed.

why was he perfect? he had the face, the charm, the nice personality (once you got to know him) and he was flirting a lot more than he used to. this made raylee feel stupid and conflicted. sure, she had this tiny crush on him, but what was happening? was this a joke to him? probably not, considering lewis isn't the type to mess around.

then what? does he like her too?

"yeah it was," ella agrees, her smile reaching from cheek to cheek.

once lewis looks up, he sees raylee's distracted face. "hey, you okay there?"

when he got a nod as an answer, he continued, "good, because you still have to guide us around." and with that came also his beautiful smile that she had grown to like. the one that could make your heart freeze for seconds at a time without really damaging anything. it probably broke hundreds of hearts too. she knew it had.

 she knew it had