52 | ❝you're his girlfriend, right? oh my god, raylee dayholt, oh my god!❞

raylee stared at the stage, unsure of how to feel

raylee stared at the stage, unsure of how to feel. sad? nervous? excited? she felt all three.

she didn't know. so she kept a straight face without any expectations. she wondered how lewis felt. he had stage fright, but how did he overcome it? he was world famous -- every song charting almost one on the billboard -- so how did he do it?

it was admirable.

scared of how things might turn, she decided that she should try and get over her crush. it didn't seem like he was going to feel the same way. previously, he had ignored it and pretended that she hadn't confessed her feelings.

maybe he could ignore it, but she couldn't. sandra had given her some reality check too.

they hadn't been speaking for days now. no one has bothered to call. raylee didn't want to seem clingy and lewis . . . well, she didn't know. you need to make a conversation to know how the other person is doing.

sad for how it's turning out, she thinks of this as an opportunity to say goodbye to him. lewis was a great friend and she would miss him endlessly, but maybe this is how it's meant to be?

she laughs at herself for acting like as if he had died. the need to cry had never been stronger than it was now.

"he's coming on the stage now, oh my god!" sandra shouted over all the voices and screaming fans. raylee looks at her and gets surprised when she sees her hyperventilating friend. this was a new side to sandra that raylee wasn't aware of.

but maybe new sides are what she needs now?

"hey new york! i see a lot of faces today and i thank you for coming tonight!" he said in the microphone attached to his face as he skimmed through the audience. raylee found her chest tighten at the sight of him. louder screams erupted in the whole stadium and raylee found it mesmerising to watch how so many people could be so attached to one person. her being one of them.

lewis started off with singing a song she recognised. she remembered it from a few years ago when everyone went around and sung it. it was much like that justin bieber song everyone knows the lyrics to. even now, people around her were going along with it. she, however, didn't sing, too taken aback by his voice. it's so much better in live version.

that's how it went. songs went through and continued and the audience sung along and took pictures to post on social media.

"we have backstage passes, right?" sandra asked over the loud noise. raylee had mentioned to her about them before she confessed her feelings for lewis.

raylee turned uncomfortably. "yeah, he actually mailed them to me?" she shouted, looking back at the stage. she took out the stick-on's she had received and gave one to sandra.

"are you going?" sandra asked, glancing quickly back at lewis, while at the same time attaching the stick-on to her shirt.

she wasn't sure if she wanted to go. she was too much of a coward, and the word coward is not usually associated with raylee.

raylee shrugged. "i guess i can?"

she was still not sure.

sandra gave a sympathetic smile and continued to stare ahead while singing along with lewis.

while raylee stared ahead, a young girl, probably around ten, beside her poked her arm. this got raylee's attention and she turned around to face the girl.

"you're his girlfriend, right? oh my god, raylee dayholt, oh my god! you are her! can i get an autograph? i love you!" she squealed, almost on the verge of crying.

raylee widened her eyes. "please don't cry," she panicked and stared at sandra for help. then, she took out something from her pocket. "use this and think about something else."

the girl took the fidget spinner that lewis had gifted raylee and started to spin it with her hand. raylee laughed at how the girl became happy almost immediately.

once she had calmed down, she gave it back to raylee and smiled. "thank you. i'm sorry for freaking out."

"i feel you," sandra spoke up only to get ignored. she scoffed loudly on purpose for raylee to hear and went back to her concert.

"hey, it's okay. and yeah, sure, you can get an autograph," raylee said, smiling from ear to ear. she liked giving autographs and ever since she "got together" with lewis, she had been signing a few.

the girl squealed once again and brought her arm forward and a pen that magically appeared from nowhere.

once she was done, the mother of the child made raylee take a photograph with her daughter. it took awhile for the mother to get the perfect picture, so they stood there for awhile where raylee felt like the mannequin from one of the first hannah montana episodes.

no matter how much she called herself hannah montana, she would never be one. in this reality, it was lewis.

lewis, lewis, lewis. every thought revolved around him lately. she understood if he didn't want to speak to her at all and listen to what she had to say. and she guessed that it would be easier to blame herself than lewis. after all, lewis hadn't done anything, beside being him. the selfish, manipulative, him.

she took a long and careful look at the gorgeous brown haired singer and stared at him until it felt like a one sided staring contest. she was the only one not blinking. once she blinked, she sighed and put on the stick-on, causing sandra to give her one approving smile.

 once she blinked, she sighed and put on the stick-on, causing sandra to give her one approving smile