[1] Ezra: "We Love You, Ezra!"

Ezra Harland's PoV:

I never wanted to go to College.

I was happy with my high school graduation and ready to take on the world because I'd always known that my calling was not in studies.

Sure, I wasn't dumb. I could get A's if I tried, but I'd always tended to lean more toward the physical exertion of labour, of the thrill I got when my adrenaline went rushing, making the blood roar in my ears as I pushed my body to it's limit, making it scream out in the sweet torture.

'Yeah, like that's the only physical thing you love.'

Yup, you guessed right, that was my Wolf. My inner animal.

He didn't like me for the fact that I'd been so ready to give up my V-Card when I was fourteen, while my Mate was out there somewhere, "probably waiting for me." His words, not mine.

The rational part of my mind screamed bullshit at that.

So far, I'd not had any luck finding her.

And I'm slowly starting to lose hope, all this waiting is getting to me.

Sorry, off topic.

SO, I never wanted to go to College,

I'd already decided that I would coach the team or something in GreenVille High when I grew older, and since it basically belongs to our Pack, I hadn't worried about any college qualification for the position.

That's why I'd been so ready to go back to school with Seneca — my best friend and confidant — when she'd wanted to score enough marks to go to her dream school; marks, she couldn't score the first time around because of reasons she didn't like to talk about, ahem *cough* Daemon making her go on a rampage after her father died, by stupidly taunting her in school *cough*, which earned her black marks that eventually tainted her application.

Now, I'm regretting letting Seneca rope me into this college bullshit, because at that time, I'd been so sure that a university like freaking HillBridge was never gonna accept me.

Apparently, I'd been wrong in my assumption.

I guess it's right what they say about 'assuming'.

"Seneca, our mail is here!" Micajah, my brother and my best-friend's Mate, calls loudly as he almost sprints into the living room, cradling three thick envelopes to his chest as he bounds up to the couch in excitement.

Excitement I'm not the least bit ready to share.

Next thing I know, Seneca is running inside, a loud bang of the door following in her wake, as she jumps over the side of the railing of the stairs from the first floor, landing with the grace of a panther on her legs, too much in a hurry to take them. I roll my eyes at her feverishness to get to the envelope that holds the answers to her dreams, not because I didn't understand the value of it, but because the answer in that envelope was already glaringly clear, if the thickness of them were not a dead giveaway.

Like any college wouldn't accept their spotless applications with marks high as the Mount Everest and recommendations stronger than iron pillars.

What I don't understand is, how was my application accepted!?

Still, I let them have their moment, letting them open the cover they so badly wanted to open — including mine — and squeal like little kids when they finally read it and get to the line where it's made one hundred percent sure that they're in.

They hug and jump around, too immersed in their happiness to realize I hadn't moved from my position yet.

They turn to me instantly.