Chapter 6

It was the night of the dance, and Caroline was at my house so we could get ready together. She wasn't happy about me going with Kol.

"Beth. Really? Kol? Could you choose someone else?"

I sighed while putting my earrings on.

"I know. But he's really not that bad."

"He kills for fun. He has murdered hundreds of innocent people."

"Touché."

Luckily, the doorbell went off, saving me from Caroline contempt.

"That's probably Tyler, Caroline. You should go."

She sighed, seeing I would not be swayed from my decision. 

"Just think about it Beth. Don't make any decisions you'll regret."

And with that, she walked out to meet Tyler. I sighed, I knew getting close to Kol was a bad idea, and that I probably would regret it. But he intrigued me. I loved his wit and intelligence, but then to oppose that was his recklessness and lack of compassion. Don't get me wrong, I could be both those things, but being around Kol highlighted how similar we were, but also bought forth my many flaws which in turn were values he held high. 

I looked at myself in the mirror, the dress fitted me perfectly. My makeup was done in a very natural way that highlighted the green in my eyes. My long dark blonde hair was dead straight and pinned up into a half bun. I was exceedingly nervous, which was a feeling I didn't experience often. It was 6:45, Kol should be here soon.

KOL's POV - Earlier that evening

 I straightened out my suit in the mirror in the lounge room.

"Bekah, tell me how handsome I look." I said, smirking and gazing into her eyes.

"Oh Kol, you know you can't compel me."

I scowled. Klaus chuckled in amusement at our banter.

"So, who's the special girl? I've never seen you like this before."

I felt heat rise to my cheeks. Wait, was that even possible?

"She's not special. It's just another girl."

"Really, because the amount of house calls says otherwise." Rebekah says, a smirk plastered across her face. "Well, I want to meet this girl, she must be something to have YOU like this. Its unusual for you to keep a girl for two days, let alone a month."

I glared at her.

"Yeah Kol, bring her around. I would like to meet her as well. Wait a second." He grinned down at hos paper. "Is it that Bethany girl from the grill, the hot one? I can't say you have bad taste" Klaus says, looking up from his drawing.

"Yes, it is." I say, trying to keep my composure. "And hands off, she's mine."

Klaus laughed and went back to his drawing.

"Have you gotten her a gift Kol?" Asked Rebekah.

"What?" I spun to face her, panicking. I hadn't gotten her anything.

"I judge by your reaction you haven't. These days, you buy your date a gift. Especially if you are trying to woo her. Something like jewelry or that stuff."

"Is that really expected?" I asked.

"Yes, now off you go."

I didn't need any encouragement, but before I left I realized I should've corrected something she said.

"We're not dating by the way."

 She just shook her head and waved me off.

**Vote and Comment if you think Rebekah is awesome!*