23 - Warning

"Good Morning everyone!" The headmaster cheerily greeted all of the students in the hall. 

The Golden Dragon's Convention Hall is as big as a football arena and the students of the academy have surprisingly filled every nook and crook of it. It is indeed a first-rate academy.

There was a distinct shout of "Good morning venerable headmaster" from the student crowd as the headmaster nodded in satisfaction.

"Since everyone is here, I would like to start our yearly Welcoming Ceremony for our Academy's new disciples. I am proud to hereby declare all our new Junior Disciples as an official student of Golden Dragon Academy." The venerable headmaster turned to look at the first row of white-robed youngsters and they turned to bow with respect to the headmaster. There are a series of applause coming from the senior students of the academy.

The headmaster gave everyone who passed the trial a Golden Dragon Badge that represents that they are an official disciple of the academy. It is akin to an identification card.

Once the distribution of badges among the new disciples was done, the crowd once again cheered and welcomed the newly recruited disciples. 

The headmaster waited for the crowd to settle down then he stood back to where he was earlier. This time, Terra had nodded to him.

"Apart from welcoming our new fellow comrades,  I would like to also formally inform everyone that the Tower Master and I,  had picked up a direct disciple among the new ones. " The headmaster proudly proclaimed.

The crowd once again got busy and murmurs from everywhere arisen. 

"You must have seen them earlier when we were on our way here. " The headmaster's voice rang out silencing the crowd a bit. The headmaster then turned to Terra and nodded.

Terra stepped beside the headmaster and looked coldly on the crowd.  Domineering.  The crowd went silent completely.

"I,  the Golden Dragon's Tower Master would like to introduce my first official disciple, Yulrir Bellaire. " Terra announced calmly.

A small figure wearing the same white robe as the other junior disciples stepped in.  The figure had a noble and beautiful aura around him.  That figure is, of course,  Yulrir.

"This disciple greets his master. " Yulrir respectfully bowed at Terra and afterward had calmly stood beside her as he looks into the crowd.

"Holy shit.  It was a guy.  Here I was wondering if the tower master will get a disciple as sexy as her. Wait...  Is he a beta? " One of the senior disciples can't help but exclaim.

"Man... What is with the mask?  Is he still in the ancient era? " The other one murmured.

"Remove theee maskkkk! " Another one commented.

"He's a beta...  What the fck?  Why would the Tower Master chooses a beta as a disciple? " One after the other,  the crowd commented and murmured loudly that they don't even care if other hears it.

The murmurs from the crowd had risen to the level of being so annoying.  Yulrir can definitely hear how much they disdain him as an official disciple but remained calm and stood unmoving beside Terra.  Terra frowned upon the scene and was about to shout when a deep growl was heard.

It was indeed the young man from the white tiger clan,  Theo. The growl is so unearthly enough to stop the crowd from the endless murmurs. It went completely silent. Yulrir just turned around and saw the frowning Theo looking at the crowd.  This male is indeed an alpha among the alphas.

"Quiet down.  Yulrir Bellaire successfully climbed the Dragon's Tower up to the 11th floor. With this talent,  I hope we answered your question. " The headmaster solemnly followed up.

Terra can only look at the silenced crowd and was satisfied with their dumbfounded looks.

"I would also like to introduce my official disciple,  Theo Mujazi. He successfully climbed up the Dragon Tower to the 12th floor, gaining the title of the top junior disciple." The headmaster proudly called onto Theo and a tan-skinned handsome youth stood beside him.

Theo wearing his unpleasant frown had completely stunned the crowd as nobody had tried to mutter a word. 

Looking at the audience's reaction,  Yulrir had clearly understood the disparity between the alphas and the betas. It was a clear example of how alphas look down on someone below their ranks. He was clearly an official disciple of an elder but was looked down directly in front of his face, unlike Theo who had given a domineering effect on the crowd.

"Master, is it okay to say something to them? " Theo had asked the venerable headmaster casually as he pointed out his finger to the crowd.

The headmaster was stunned for a bit but nodded with a smile.

"Ahem ahem." Theo had voluntarily coughed to signify he wanted to get the audience's attention and as planned,  all eyes were at him.

"I would like to get this opportunity to inform everyone not to meddle with Yulrir Bellaire as he already belonged to me. Choose to disobey, you'll get the consequences from me. " Theo had calmly exclaimed.

It was a total silence. If earlier the crowd had a dumbfounded expression,  right now,  they do have an even dumbfounded expression on their faces.  Even the elders, headmaster and the tower master were not able to escape the dumbfounded expression fever.

Yulrir himself can only stare in disbelief on the proud young man who is now winking at him.

"..."

Yulrir is thankful that he was wearing a mask because if not,  they'll see the blush and the also dumbfounded expression in him. Yulrir collected himself and turned his head away from Theo's gaze.

Looking at the scene in front of them,  the crowd had clearly got an understanding of the situation.  The domineering young man was clearly unwanted by the mysterious beta but of course,  they value their life so they chose to shut up.

Theo still standing proudly clearly didn't mind what is Yulrir's reaction and was still satisfied with the outcome. As an alpha,  he wanted to state in front of the whole crowd his possessions.  It was a natural instinct for them. 

"Hahahahahahahahaha!  This young man really is persistent.  I am amazed!" Logan was the first to break the silence as he looks at Theo with a thumbs up.

Terra looking at the situation,  she started to have mixed feeling about the shameless young man. As a fellow alpha,  she is somewhat moved by the vulgar warning he had left for the crowd.  She looked at her own disciple and saw how Yulrir is still collected and seemingly calm like nothing happened at all. She breathed a sigh of relief as she touches her disciple's shoulder.

"We're going now,  we'll meet up with your mother outside. " Terra warmly smiled at Yulrir. Terra had already officially taken Yulrir as a disciple earlier in front of the crowd so there's no need for her to stay longer as well. She also knew that Yulrir is somewhat uncomfortable with the situation so she wanted to take her away from it.

Yulrir nodded with a smile as a white light enveloped them. In a blink of an eye,  the duo had disappeared from the stage.

The headmaster already acknowledged their leave as the tower master already sent him a message through telepathy. 

Theo, on the other hand, is reluctant with the disappearance but he already expected this situation so he can only sigh.

The welcoming ceremony had continued and as a part of it,  the banquet has been called by the headmaster.