The One Where They go to Camelot

Chapter 31 The One Where They go to Camelot

"Why won't it work?" Merlin was so angry he almost threw the crystal away.

"Maybe you're doing it wrong." Morgana chirped in much to his annoyance.

"I'm not doing it wrong, Morgana." He clenched his teeth. "I've been scrying crystals for over a millennium. I think I know what I'm doing."

Morgana didn't retort. She just sat down on the sofa beside him and continued eating her bowl of cereal.

It was an early morning and Merlin had decided to try and find answers from the crystal again. He had tried every once in a while since he came to Hogwarts, but every time turned out the same; complete emptiness.

He could see the past and present just like normal but when he tried to scry the future, nothing came up. It was staring to get on his nerves.

"Maybe the Old Religion doesn't want you to see the future." Morgana said while Merlin had a staring contest with the crystal.

"What do you mean?" He looked up at her with a frown.

"What if you were only able to see Harry before because the Old religion wanted you to come here to help him, but at the same time it doesn't want you to know too much because it may cause you to act in a way that will prevent the prophecy to come true?" She shrugged.

"That does make sense." Merlin looked back down at the crystal. "It would also explain why you haven't had a vision since you came back."

"That's true." Morgana nodded before taking a spoon of cereal.

Morgana hadn't had a single vision in her dreams since she came back, which she found was very relaxing. They had wondered why but had chalked it up to her not being truly alive. But Morgana's theory did make sense so Merlin decided to give up on the crystal for now and head out to do his daily chores instead.

-----------------------------

"How's it going?" Harry asked Hermione after he had sat down on the chair besides her in the library. She had been in there the last few days, researching Horcruxes.

"Nothing so far." She sighed. "And I've even gone through the entire restricted area. The closest I've gotten is this book, Magicks moste evile." She said and opened up a book for Harry. "Of the Horcrux, wickedest of magical inventions, we shall not speak nor give direction, then why mention it?" She closed the book in frustration.

"I think Marcus knows more then he lets on." Harry mumbled but Hermione heard him.

"You still don't trust him?" Hermione sighed and turned to face him.

"Of course I trust him." Harry answered with a hiss. "But I can't help but feel that he still keeps secrets from us."

"Why do you think that?" Hermione asked and Harry noticed how she swallowed a little like she was nervous. 'I wonder why?' He thought.

"When we told him about the," He looked around to see that no one were eavesdropping. "Horcruxes." He whispered. "He had this look like he knew exactly what it was, but it was gone in a second. If I had blinked I wouldn't have seen it."

"Then how do you know you saw it in the first place?" Hermione stated. "Maybe you've imagined it."

"No, I don't think so." Harry shook his head. "It's not the first time I've noticed weird things about him. Like this whole Morgan and her brother ordeal." He said, eager to voice his suspicions. "I can't help but feel he's leaving something out, something important."