Phase One

Chapter One

Athena's POV

Today was an exciting day! My dad and I were in Vegas for an award he was getting, called the, Apogee Award.

Everything was held in Caesar's Palace in one of the hotels ball rooms. I sat next to Obie as my godfather, Rhodey presented the award.

"Tony?" Rhodey said.

Where's my dad? He can't be doing this right now!

Obie nodded at me to take the award.

I got up from the table and made my way up to the podium.

"Um as you can see, I'm not Tony Stark!" I said.

Everyone chuckled in the ballroom.

"But um this is just beautiful-- wonderful actually! Thank you very much! On behalf of my father, I want to thank every one for this prestigious award! But the best thing about my dad is also the worst thing... He never stops working! So thank you!"

As people clapped once more, I exited the stage with my godfather to look for my dad. And of course, he would be gambling with a whole bunch of women around him. I rolled my eyes at the sight.

Ever since mom died, he became this person that would always have one night stands. I know he became lonely and needed a woman in his life, but it seemed like no one was good enough to fill my mother's spot and so he couldn't keep the women off his bed.

I stayed behind as I saw Rhodey go after my dad. It didn't take long for him to get him out of there.

"Ohh! There she is! My princess!" My dad said as he came back.

I rolled my eyes and walked out to the car. He knows I don't like it when he does this stuff!

"Athena!" He called.

I finally made it out of the hotel to see a few paparazzi around. Happy came over and guided me to the car.

"Athena!" My dad called again.

I turned around and there he was coming my way.

"Mr. Stark! Miss Stark!"

What now!

"Why did you--" my dad started.

I was about to reply but again we were interrupted.

"Excuse me, Mr. Stark! Miss Stark! Christine Everhart, Vanity Fair magazine! Could I ask a couple of questions?"

"She's alright" Happy said.

I rolled my eyes again, here we go!

My dad turned around, "Yeah hi! Alright go!"

"You've been called the Di Vinci of our time along with your daughter, what do you say to that?"

"Absolutely ridiculous, my daughter and I don't paint!"

"And what do you say to your other name, the merchant of death?"

Oh this bitch.

"That's not bad actually, let me guess Berkeley?"

"Brown actually"

I sighed in frustration as I kept listening. All I wanted was my comfy bed!

"--do you ever loose an hour of sleep your whole life?"

"I'm prepared to loose a few with you" my dad said.

I face palmed myself. Great! Another whore in the house.