The One With Dolma

Chapter 39 The One With Dolma

The funeral was just as Merlin had imagined it. Dumbledore was laid to rest by the lake and almost everyone was there.

He and Morgana stood in the back, not wanting to draw attention to themselves. They watched as Fawkes turned the grave into marble; the centaurs shot arrows into the air before running back into the forest; and the mermaids made their last farewell before disappearing into the lake.

Merlin saw Harry walking away shortly after and then the Minister of Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour, came up to him.

"I think Harry might need my help." He told Morgana and pointed to the boy.

"I think you're right." Morgana smirked and gave his hand a last squeeze. "Go, I'll wait here."

"Thank you." He smiled at her and gave her a peck on the cheek before he stiffly walked over to Harry and Scrimgeour, who had started to walk slowly alongside the lake. His body was still sore, but it got better as he walked.

"The ministry can give you all possible protection, Harry." Merlin heard Scrimgeour say and judging by Harry's response, he decided to interrupt their conversation.

"Harry!" He called when he was a few meters behind. "Can we talk?" He raised his eyebrows, trying to convey the true reason he was there and Harry gave him a small nod.

"Marcus," Harry greeted when he had arrived. "This is..."

"Rufus Scrimgeour," Scrimgeour reached out a hand to shake. "Minister of Magic." Merlin took his offered hand while doing his best to act neutral. He had never liked the ministry and wasn't going to now either.

"Marcus Embrose." Merlin introduced himself.

"I don't believe we have met before." Scrimgeour said with a smile, which Merlin just thought looked creepy.

"No, I would have remembered meeting someone like you." Merlin said with a cheeky grin which the minister saw through immediately.

"You don't like my politics?" The minister asked with narrowed eyes.

"Correct," Merlin nodded. "I've never liked the way the ministry handles things regarding muggles." Merlin tilted his head slightly. "And I don't like people who are acting like total prats." He heard Harry snort behind them, but kept his expression steady.

"Do you understand who you're talking to?" Scrimgeour's face turned slightly red while clenching his teeth.

"I do." Merlin nodded with a fake smile. "You are the man who is trying to use my friend Harry here, as a pawn in your own game."

"How dare you talk to me like that?" Merlin saw Scrimgeour's hand hover above his wand.

"But it is the truth, isn't it?" Merlin expression turned hard. "And I would appreciate it if you left him alone from now on."

"Who are you to give such orders?" Scrimgeour snarled.

"Oh, you see," Merlin chuckled a little. "I have quite powerful friends and they would hate it if something were to happen to Harry... Or me for that matter." He added as an afterthought.

"Are you threatening me, boy?" Scrimgeour's hand twitched above his wand.

"No," Merlin shook his head. "I'm just informing you of the truth."

"Who are these powerful friends of yours?" Scrimgeour stepped forward until he stood face to face with Merlin. They were practically the same height.

"Does the name Emrys ring any bells?" Merlin smirked.

"Emrys is a myth." Scrimgeour said, but Merlin could see his expression falter a little.