Chapter 35: Winter's Christmas

IGNORE ALL ERRORS

Okay Guys... We're getting close to the end. I know I keep saying that, but it's true now. After this, there will be one or two more chapters left. Enjoy!

Chapter 35: Winter's Christmas

When I'm alone, I never know until I'm truly and utterly... alone.
-Winter Ozlin's Diary

Marie yelled at me once everyone left. She tossed me up to my room. I didn't understand what the problem was. She hated my old friends. She shouldn't have been mad that I kicked them out. When I was being yelled out, I asked her why I was in trouble. According to Marie, I wasn't behaving as well as I was supposed to. I didn't realize that getting better and controlling my bipolar meant faking my feelings.

Austin was a dick, and Emma was delusional to think that we were really going to be friends again. It was dumb of me to even call her the first time. She was scared of me. All I had said was hi, and Emma asked if she was in trouble. I was upset that she abandon me after my parents died, but I guess I didn't portray. It was my fault that she kept calling and thinking that we were slowly becoming besties again. Taylor's disappearance should have been a sign to everyone. The friendship we all once had together was over. We needed to disperse and find ourselves. I did it first, then Emma, and now Taylor. But Emma obviously couldn't handle being apart, because she had came back to rejoin the group. She honestly believed we would all have been best buds again. She really was delusional.

At least they were finally gone. This time, I think it was for good.

. . .

"Merry Christmas, Winter," Carl greeted at my doorway.

I smiled at him through the mirror.

Lately, all my conversations had been in my room. It was rare that I ventured far from my comfort zone since leaving for the mall. Before the trip even happened I didn't want to leave my room. After the trip, I was only leaving for big reasons.

I guessed Christmas was a big enough reason.

"Happy Christmas, Carl."

Carl laughed while his eyes rolled. "Stop trying to pull that off. It's not going to catch on."

I smiled at him and turned on my stool. I noticed he was still in his sweats and t-shirt. Unlike him, I was already dressed in my tight black dress. It was hard for me to sleep, so I had taken a shower earlier in the morning and slipped into my outfit of the day already. It was tighter than I remembered it was, but it had to do. There wasn't much in my closet that I still liked.

"Why are you still in your pajamas?" I asked. All I had to do was pull back my hair and apply makeup. He wasn't even close to ready. I wondered what time we needed to be at Jace's?

"I figured we could open our presents in the our Christmas jammies, but it looks like you're ready to hit the town." He poked at my sleeveless arms. I planned on wearing a green sweater, hopefully to match Carl's attire as well.

"We're opening presents?"

Carl raised a brow. "You did get me something, right?"

I nodded.

"Well then come on, Icy. Let's get down to the living room."

My brother left my room and I followed. For the first time in a while, I was giddy with joy. It actually felt like Christmas. My brother and I were racing down the stairs to open presents. It was like we were ten again. Weird, I was happy.