Chapter Four

Savannah's POV

Today I was leaving, Lauren has been very kind this whole week giving me time and space. She's helped me pack up the things from my room and anything else I thought important enough to keep. Since I was on crutches I was basically useless. She's told me about her home life about how she has four sons and is a fashion designer with her own company and she told me memories her and my mom had. She says that I'll love it in Florida and that we'll get me in a soccer league there, thanks to the help of Coach Kyle he sent a letter to the coach of the team near Lauren's house recommending me to the team and the coach said I could come to a practice so he could see my talents. Plus Coach Kyle said that he'll keep me on the roster so I can still go to the US women's team tryouts!

"Savannah honey are you ready to go?" Lauren spoke softly

"Yeah, just let me say goodbye to Brooke"

"Take all the time you need, I'll go wait in the car" she walked out and I turned to Brooke

"I'm gonna miss you White" she already had tears in her eyes

"I'm gonna miss you too Peirce" I hugged her tightly "You'll be a great captain"

She let out a slight laugh "I'll see you in two weeks?"

"Of course, can't wait"

Her parents and Lauren agreed to let Brooke come to Florida for March break so we could see each other. I gave her one last squeezed and walked towards the door her following close behind.

"Savvy there's one more thing"

"Yeah?" I turned to face her and noticed a bag in her hands that she didn't have a minute ago

"The team wanted to give you this, open it on the plane, Lauren is waiting"

I hugged her one last time and climbed in the car "See you in two weeks!" I yelled out the window as the car drove away and she waved goodbye. Within an hour we were at the airport. I went to grab my bags but Lauren stopped me.

"Honey you're on crutches"

"I can handle a bag. I feel bad for you doing everything for me"

"Nonsense I'm fine, come on we'll miss our flight"

I followed her to our gate just in time to board the plane. We were in first class and our compartments were attached to each others. We talked for a long while, more about her this time since we talked about me all week. I then remembered the gift Brooke gave me and pulled it out from the storage above. I opened the bag and saw a soccer ball with all the girls names on it and I smiled next there was a CD that I could play on the TV on the plane. I started the video and Brooke popped up on the screen "The thing I love the most about Savannah is her power to never give up and I'm gonna miss my best friend, even if gonna fly out to see her all the time" next Jackie appeared "I'm gonna miss her positive attitude towards the team and I'm gonna probably miss that the most. Savannah had this way to make sure we never gave up, that's what a true captain does" One by one each girl came on the screen saying something nice and something they would miss about me, by the end I was a sobbing mess and the guy in the next compartment was looking at me weird. After I finally calmed down enough I looked in the bottom of the bag to see a little box, I pulled it out and opened the top, inside was my captain's band with a note.

You'll always be our captain.