Ch27

"Mrs.Montgomery there will be no sleeping in my class" The teacher said, slapping her ruler onto my desk.

I jumped and lifted my head up off of my desk. Everyone was staring at me while I awkwardly just looked around.

Mrs.Scott walked back up to the front of the class and carried on with her lesson.

"Today we will do a partner assignment, you may choose your partners and I will hand out your worksheets" She said.

Since I knew no one in this class I just sat there hoping she would let me work alone.

"You wanna be partners?" I heard someone say pulling out the chair to the desk next to me.

I looked to my left and seen that it was that same light skinned guy, who had been staring at me since the first day of school.

"Um sure" I said not wanting to be rude.

He smirked and sat down next to me.

"My name is Mike in case you ain't know"

"Im–

"Asia." He says cutting me off.

I nodded my head slowly and focused on the teacher who had began handing out the worksheets. She handed us ours and I took the paper up and scanned over it.

"So, why haven't you been to school?" Mike asks.

"Family problems" I tell him.

"Oh. I only seen you one day and then you disappeared. I thought you had moved, I was lowkey upset because I didn't get a chance to talk to you" He says chuckling.

I give him a small smile before laying the paper down on my desk then going into my bookbag for a pencil.

"So like, how come I dont see you hanging out with anyone but that dude with the dreads? He your boyfriend or something?" He asks.

"He's just my friend"

"Oh, I thought I was gonna have to steal you away from him" He says jokingly

The class went by fast thank god. Mike was actually a really cool guy he had me laughing throughout the class period, he was very nice to me and wasn't being too thirsty so I guess I was okay with him.

I walked into the crowded cafeteria and looked around for an empty table I could sit at. School would've been so much better if Jahseh and the rest of them went to school but they were all either drop outs or had already finished school.

I found a sectioned off table towards the middle of the cafeteria and made my way there. I sat my bookbag down next to me and pulled out my phone.

"Asia! You came to school?" I heard Mya say from behind me.

I looked to my right and seen her smiling, while sitting next to me.

"Yep. I was forced to come by Stokeley" I tell her.

"Thats good, ima have to give him a dollar for that" She joked.

"Why are you sitting here all alone?" She asks me.

"You know I'm antisocial"

"Come sit with me and a few girls pleaaase"

"Mya you know I don't like females"

"Pleaaassee for me! They're really cool bitches for real"