Chapter 12

Warnings: Slight bit of blood

2 days later (which gives Mitch time to kinda settle down a bit)

     ~Rob's P.O.V.~

     "So Mitch, is it true you're really one of the best fighters in all the six kingdoms?"

     Mitch, caught off guard by the sudden statement, chokes on the pork chop he's eating. Jerome is the one who said it, and by the looks of it, he's genuinely curious. Which I guess kinds makes sense. From what I know Jerome was one of the best fighters in the Mutant kingdom. I wonder...

     "E-excuse me?" He sputters, having successfully spit out the pork.
     "Is it true you're really one of the best fighters in all the six kingdoms?" Jerome repeats without hesitation.
     "Well... I mean... I guess you could say that..." He mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck and casting his eyes to the ground.

     Glad to see he has at least some humility. I note.

     "Show us." Preston urges.
     "What?"
     "Did I stutter?"
     "Erm. No I guess not but... Against what?"
     "Fight Jerome." I suggest.

     This time, it's Jerome's turn to be surprised. His eyes widen as he catches my eye, a smirk evident on my face.

     "Wh-why me?!" He exclaims, tripping over his words.
     "Well I mean... You were the one that asked." I trail off, closing one eye and peeking at him through the half lidded other.
     "He has a point." Mitch shrugs, nodding.
"He's going to destroy Jerome." Preston whispers to me, a smug smile on his face as he watches Jerome try to get out of it.
"Yeah... I know." 

     Finally, Jerome gives in, and we temporarily stop our trek towards the Dimensional Kingdom. At the moment we're in a forest biome, so we do our best to find a relatively small clearing so Mitch and Jerome can have space to maneuver. Another seven days from here lies the over world half of the Dimensional Kingdom. Honestly, I'm realized at this small pause we're taking, because the over world half of the dimensional kingdom is set in a freezing cold ice spikes biome. And the logger we can avoid it, the better. But I mean... at least it's a bit better compared to the Nether half of the base...

     "Alright so... To prevent any major injuries..." Preston begins, while Mitch and Jerome take place on opposite sides of the clearing, "Let's do no armour, and no weapons. Hand to hand combat only. Sound good?"
     "Yep."
     "Fine with me."
"Okay. Three... Two... One... GO!"

Mitch takes a few steps out, but it's nothing compared to the pounding footsteps of Jerome as he charges at Mitch full speed. Jerome, just by looking, is definitely stronger than Mitch, if only by a little. But that doesn't mean he's more skilled. Mitch plants one foot behind him, raising his firsts up in a defensive position, waiting patiently as the gap between him and Jerome rapidly shrinks. His face is completely devoid of emotion, so no matter how hard I try, it's impossible to figure out what he's thinking. Then just milliseconds before Jerome's fist hooks him square in the jaw, he ducks.

Jerome, the power behind his strike propelling him forward, is suddenly lurched in the air as Mitch moves under him, throwing him to the ground with his shoulder. Jerome lands hard on his back with an umph, and is momentarily dazed while Mitch advances with a smirk, fist clenched tight to knock out Jerome. But before he can so much as move an inch, Jerome is using his arms to shoot himself up, with his legs outstretched that catch Mitch square in the chest, knocking him back a few stumbling steps. Jerome then uses this sliver of time to get back on his feet, and land a semi-decent punch to Mitch's gut before he's regained his focus.

"Impressive." Mitch comments, the two circling each tower slowly, "Now let's see how you handle this."

Mitch lunges forward, left fist flying towards Jerome's face. But it turns out to be a fake, and just before it hits, Mitch's right hand comes to nail Jerome in the gut. But Jerome excepts it, he's seen this move dozens of times before. So he's easily able to move an arm down to block the blow. What Jerome doesn't expect if for Mitch to keep moving forward, until their chests are practically flush. His next move is so fast, I don't even see how he does it. In the blink of an eye, Mitch's legs are wrapped around Jerome's neck, and he's diving backwards as if he's doing a backflip. The effects are immediate as Jerome is somersaulted through the air. Where's as Mitch has his forearms out the prevent himself from face-planting, Jerome is tossed onto his back like a rag doll, the wind knocked out of him. Before Jerome can move a muscles, Mitch is on him, using his body weight to pin Jerome's legs down, and his arms to keep Jerome's arms stationary on either side of him.

"O-okay... Wasn't ex-xpecting that." Jerome gasps, while Preston and I watch in amusement at how easily Jerome was taken down.
Mitch smirks. "I know."

Just as Preston is about to open his mouth, and declare Mitch the obvious winner, Jerome surprises all of us.

"But I-I'm not done yet."

Using his surprior weight and muscle, Jerome manages to lift his head up high and fast enough to crack it against Mitch's own, sending him backwards and causing him to release his arms. Mitch shouts in pain and surprise, skidding back and off Jerome. Jerome uses this to tackle Mitch, and at the same time flip his around. Within three seconds Jerome now has Mitch on his stomach, his knee pressing into the middle of his back, and at the same time pulling Mitch's arms back. Because of the way skeletal structure and all that jazz works, with how Jerome is both pressing down and pulling up, Mitch is rendered helpless.

"Woah... That was pretty brave." I utter, watching Mitch wince in pain and struggle to free himself, "Jerome could've knocked himself out pulling a move like that."
"Nah dude, don't you know?" Preston continues, "Baccas are known to have thick skulls."
"Not so slick now, eh hot-shot?" Jerome taunts, pulling back harder on Mitch's arms and causing him to gasp in pain.
"Th-they don't ca-all me... One o-of the best... Fighter f-for n-nothing..." He huffs, a flash of determination gleaming in his eyes.

Jerome looks momentarily confused. Exactly the same as me. Jerome has him completely pinned down... How on earth is Mitch supposed to get out of it? And then, yet again, the tables turn.

Mitch lurches his entire body to the side, and it doesn't to much considering the position he's in, but apparently it's all he needs. Jerome, to keep his balance, slightly raises his knee of of Mitch back. Mitch then crunches forward with all his might, pulling his arms forward at the same time. Jerome can't let go of Mitch's forearms fast enough, and as a result, is dragged forward, off Mitch's back, and over his head. In the blink of an eye, Mitch has literally dragged Jerome to his feet, and then palm striked him in the side of the head, sending him crashing to the ground once more. Jerome's groans in pain, a section of Mitch's hand having struck his nose from the side, and causing it to gush blood. Mitch is about to go in for some kind of hold, that will no doubt declare him to victory, when suddenly Jerome's eyes are widening in fear.

"MITCH GET OUT OF THE WAY!" He bellows.

Of course, Mitch is too confused to actually do this. But he doesn't end up pinning Jerome down either, which lets Jerome spring to his feet, completely ignoring his bloody nose. He wraps his arms firm around Mitch's torso, diving to the side as far as he can.

And not a second later, the ground is exploding exactly where they were.

~~~

~????'s P.O.V.~

     "Tch. That's a shame. I missed." I sigh, hopping nimbly down the tree and walking towards the cloud of dust, where four shocked and confused figures are shifting about. "No matter, I'll just hit four birds with one stone-"
     "Isn't two birds with one stone?"
     "Shut up Tucker."

     Quickly pulling out a few throwing stars, myself and my three helpers wait patiently, finding easy amusement in the shocked expressions of our targets.

~~~
Question of the chapter:

Reactions?

My answer: I tried to be as fancy as I could writing the fight... Hope I did okay XD