Hiking

It's a beautiful sunny morning, I wander where my group will explore today?

After breakfast, we got into our groups, and hiked down separate trails.

"Why didn't we take the van?" Junpei whined loudly.

"Because it's our first day exploring, we should hike and see our surroundings first. We'll make our way further and use the van." Daisuke responded with a wide smile.

"It's our job to make sure the forest isn't disturb in any way," Maho mentioned the importance of our roles, "and hiking is perfect for this!!"

"Hiking is good exercise," Hanae tried to lift up Junpei's hiking spirit.

I chuckled and smiled to myself at how spirited my group was.

As we walked deeper into the mountains, we came across a path that didn't seemed to be in use as much.

"Hmm.. I wander where this lead to?" Maho jumped onto the unknown road and stared down the pathway.

We followed Maho onto the unknown path.

"Let's explore these parts, it doesn't look like it's far from our cabin," Maho threw in suggestions, and Daisuke couldn't control her adventurous ways, and went along with her.

We kept walking deeper into the forest. It was a beautiful green, but at the same time, it's creepy.

"Maho, we need to get back to the cabin. We can explore more tomorrow," Daisuke finally broke the silence.

"My intuition tells me, we keep moving," Maho pointed straight down the path, "it's only a little pass lunchtime, and we packed lunch, too," she widely grinned and insisted that the group continue.

Our group decided to stay to have lunch and take a break.

"I overheard the old man saying there's a shrine here somewhere," Maho excitedly ate her lunch.

"I'm pretty sure it must be run down and creepy," Daisuke let out an exhausted sigh, "this is the trouble when you're partnered up with Maho. Everything she say goes, and she loves creepy, scary dark places."

Hanae and I laughed at his statement. Junpei just ate his lunch and seem uninterested.

We continued our hike after an hour lunch. The deeper we go into the forest, the darker it got..

"Maho, this is creepy and the weather doesn't seem to like us," Junpei looked at the dark gray sky.

"Junpei, keep a light heart. The clouds will pass. It'll be bright and sunny soon," Maho sung a tune.

We finally reached the end of the trail. There was a short stair leading up to two pagoda statues at the top on either side of the stairs. We can also see a cement torii pillar covered in ropes and talismans in between the two pagoda statues at the top of the stairs, and pass the torii was an animal statue staring into the lake surrunded by trees.

"This is amazing," Hanae and I awed at the site as we walked up the stairs.

"Yes, it's amazing! Now, let's go look for the shrine!" Maho continued walking to the right, which lead onto a different path.

"At this rate, we won't be able to get back to the cabin," Daisuke tiredly yawned.

Daisuke was right about not being able to return to the cabin, well, at least one of us didn't.