12

Jungkook hesitantly eyes the eating fox as he places a spoonful of rice in his mouth. Both Hoseok and Taehee stares at him before turning to give each other a look.

"Uh... Jungkook? Are you sure you don't want to try the side dishes?" Hoseok asks his seemingly anxious dongsaeng.

"Huh? What? What do you mean?" He finally turns to look at the two sitting next to each other, looking at him with weird looks.

"What's wrong?" He's completely clueless. The duo pokes their index fingers out and points at his bowl of rice, making him look down.

He has only eaten the white rice, the side dishes remains untouched. He smiles sheepishly at them before reaching out to pick out some kimchis with his chopsticks.

"Are you okay?" Taehee is the one asking this time. He looks up at her and smiles while nodding. "Of course."

Noticing how the man keeps glancing at the fox, she too turns to look at Jimin, who awkwardly looks up at her before continue eating.

"Did something happen between the two of you?" She asks Jungkook. He scratches the back of his neck and hesitantly leans forward,

"I think... He understands me..." He says and throws another glance at Jimin.

"He came into my room just now, and I think he wants to be friends. But when I asked him to get along with me he actually... nodded... I mean, I don't know. Maybe I've gone insane or I've seen it wrong-"

"No, I'm pretty sure he nodded at you." Hoseok interrupted him before proceeding to put food in his mouth, eyes not leaving the younger. Jungkook frowns, clearly confused.

"Listen, Jungkook. Jimin is not like an ordinary animal. He... understands human language. " Taehee explains to the male, who seems like he's in a daze.

"I'm sorry I didn't warn you about this, you must be-" 

"Oh, no no no. It's fine! I just- this is just really new to me and all, I might need some time to get used to this." He interrupts and smiles while scratching his head.

__

Jimin found the new human in the house really odd.

The human they call 'Jungkook' keeps glancing at him, making him feel uncomfortable. And whenever the man goes anywhere near Taehee, her heartbeat accelerates. It beats so hard and loud, the fox could hear it loud and clear.

This makes Jimin doubt Taehee's words. He is a friend. Is he really a friend when he keeps making her feel scared?

Jimin doesn't understand.

After eating, he quietly sits on his spot and waits for the humans to finish. When they did, he can hear a clear 'Put the dishes in the sink, I'll wash them.' followed by an 'I'll help you.'

Before he knew it, he had been scooped up and carried by Hoseok into the living room.

He is confused. Why did you bring me here? He looks up at Hoseok who puts his index finger to his lips.

Stay quiet. He understands the gesture and obeys. Hoseok gently places him down on the sofa and kneels on it, his upper body leaning on the back of the sofa as he spies on the two at the sink.

Jimin follows his movements, craning his neck so he could see what was going on. He is more than confused now.

Why are we looking at them? He turns his head to look at Hoseok, whose eyes sparkle at the sailing ship. Seeing the clueless fox, Hoseok decides to tell him what his best friend actually feels about the man.

"Jimin-ah. Do you know what love is?" To this, the fox nods.

"You see, Taehee actually loves Jungkook a lot. It's been a very long time. I'm glad she can finally get close to him now. Look at how red her face is." He says with a laugh and points at the embarrassed girl.

Why would her face be red? What do you mean she loves Jungkook? He looks at Hoseok and cocks his head to one side.

Realizing how the fox is confused, Hoseok explains,

"When a human loves another human, it means that they want to be with that human forever, and have children, and grow old together. And also, when that person is close by, they're going to start getting really red, and their heart is going to start beating really fast."

Finally understood, Jimin nods at the man and looks over to the two humans. Hoseok's words run through his mind like a bullet, and it's like his light bulb is suddenly lit brightly.

That human is going to take Taehee away from me. Forever.

__

Jungkook is starting to feel uncomfortable with all the stares he's getting from the fox.

Taehee has gone to wash the laundries while Hoseok who sat beside him is working on his music.

"Hyung." He lightly nudges his hyung, who takes off his earphones and looks at him.

"Uh... Jimin has been staring at me for the past fifteen minutes..." He says as he eyes the fox, who is still glaring at himHoseok puts away his laptop and calls out to Jimin, who immediately left his basket and rushes over to him, sprawling over his lap.

"Aigoo... Taehee's right. You're adorable." Hoseok grins and caresses his fur, making him squirm around a bit to find a comfortable position.

"How come he likes you and doesn't like me?" Jungkook's voice rings through Jimin's ears, making him shoot his eyes open and continues glaring at him.

"Hmm... I'm not sure. Did you do anything to upset him?" Jungkook shakes his head while thinking hard about what he did.

Hoseok did the same, and the thought of what he told Jimin a while back comes to his mind.

Could it be..? It could be. He thinks like a human.

"Jungkook-ah, can you leave us for a while?" The younger nods and stands up to leave while Jimin's ears stood as he looks at Hoseok.

"Yah. Do you love Taehee?"