Empire

The sound of coughing awoke him from his sleep. It was 6 in the morning. He noticed Lucy nowhere beside him in bed.

Natsu quickly went to the bathroom where the coughing came from.

There she was, near the sink with her face down and her hair hanging all over her. She was wiping her face with water. He went beside her in an instant.

“Okay, baby, you’re alright,” he said worriedly, “Do you want me to get the ambulance?”

Lucy giggled as she turned to him.

“It’s okay, Natsu,” she smiled, “I’m fine. I just feel sick. Must be something I ate.”

Natsu who was clueless, thought it was the meal they had as well. He helped her back to bed. Told her to rest the whole day as he went back to the shower to get ready for work.

When Natsu bade her farewell, Lucy called her brother. She waited for him to leave before she did it.

“Hey sis. You’re calling this early in the morning, I just arrived at the company. Is something wrong?”

“Sorry brother, it’s just umm…I need to ask you for a favor”

“Of course, anything for you.”

“Ummm…I…”

“Yes?”

Lucy gave out a sigh.

“I need you to buy me a pregnancy test kit”

It took a while for Rakheid to talk back.

“A what?”

“A pregnancy test kit”

Seriously?! You’re asking me, a GUY, to buy that?”

“Oh come on. Besides, you said ‘anything’ for me.”

Lucy heard him complain on the other line, it made her smile.

“Alright, alright. I’ll do it. Why not ask Levy or the people there to buy it for you?”

“Because I don’t want anyone to find out yet…I want Natsu to be the first,” her face heated up.

Rakheid could sense her blushing.

“Fine. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

.

.

Rakheid entered the master’s bedroom with a funny look on his face.

“I can’t believe what you just made your older brother do,” he shook his head, handing her the test kit.

“You’re overacting. It’s not like I sent you to go to war,” Lucy giggled as she got the kit from him and entered the bathroom.

“Well if it was war, then I already died. My reputation as a man died today you know,” he said at the white bathroom door.

A few minutes went by and there was still no sign of Lucy.

“Hey, everything okay in there? Am I going to be an uncle soon?” Rakheid said.

Then the door slammed open, startling him.

“S-so?” he asked, eagerly waiting for her answer.

Lucy screamed and jumped on him, clinging on his neck.

“Hey, quiet down. You’ll alarm everybody.”

“Brother…” She started with a bright smile on her face as she looked at him.