His Joy

“I’m pregnant.”

Natsu’s eyes widened as Lucy continued to smile.

“You’re pregnant?” he had to make sure he wasn’t just hearing things.

Lucy nodded.

It was real. He was going to be a father.

Natsu smashed his lips on hers, his hands on both sides of her head. How they wished it would never end, but they had to break the kiss for air.

“Are you…happy?” she asked, her face with a trace of red.

“Of course I am,” he answered with a low laugh, “You’re carrying my child. I’m more than ‘happy’.”

Lucy could feel her eyes start to water just listening to his sweet words.

She buried her face in his chest, slightly crumpling his suit.

“I don’t know what I’d do without you,” she said with a content smile.

“You don’t need to worry about that,” Natsu held her face up and looked into her eyes, “I’m not going anywhere.”

.

Both of them laid on the bed. Natsu now on his boxers, Lucy’s arm rested on his bare chest as one of his hands played with her hair.

“I’ll have to double up the security around you.” He said.

“You don’t have to. I already have enough, you should double yours instead,” she giggled at him.

“No need, I’m a tough opponent. I know how to use a gun and I have experience in hand-to-hand combat. I’m not as fragile as you.”

Lucy could feel him smirking.

“You don’t have to be mean,” she pouted.

He chuckled lowly.

“I’m not being mean. So, when are we going to tell the others?”

“Mmm…soon. Just not yet.”

He agreed to her.

“Luce…”

“Hm?”

“Tell me anything you want, I’ll give it to you.”

Lucy closed her eyes.

“I already have what I want. You.”

And then she drifted off to sleep, peaceful like an angel without a worry in the world.

Natsu gently brushed her hair with his hand. What she said greatly pleased him. He was happy. Overjoyed. The fact that he was going to have a baby with her was a piece of heaven for him. Lucy was going to be a wonderful mother. He was sure of it.

His eyes started to close until he noticed their bedside table’s drawer slightly open. He silently opened it wider, careful not to wake his sleeping wife.

He found a gun inside, the one he put there in case of an attack. But he found something else that wasn’t supposed to be there.

A calling card.

He read it.

A name was written there in bold capital letters.

‘STING EUCLIFFE’

What was that piece of paper doing there?

Natsu stared at the high ceiling.

His knuckles turned white as he crushed the paper in his hand.