five

Victoria sat in the truck with her father and Natasha, firing arrows at the hostiles.

The Avengers were at Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker's lab, following a lead on Loki's Scepter, once again. They had raided at least twelve HYDRA labs in the past month, this being the last lead they had – and if the Scepter isn't there, then they're screwed.

They passed Thor and Hulk, the mutant almost standing on the jeep. Natasha dodged him, bashing into a few soldiers.

"On your right, Dad!"

"Thank you!"

Clint shot at the oncoming car's driver, causing their car to spin, crashing into a tree.

"Shit!"

"Language," Steve reprimanded Tony. "J.A.R.V.I.S. what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield," the Artificial Intelligence informed the team. "Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

"Loki's Scepter must be here," Thor grunted. "Strucker couldn't mount his defence without it, at long last."

They slid out of the van, allowing it to crash into a bunker. Victoria ran off with Natasha to men at a station for a machine gun. The guards panicked, scrambling for each other's guns. This gave Victoria the opportunity to fire an explosive arrow toward their station.

It went off, emitting shouts from the fallen hostiles.

"At long last is lasting a little long boys," Natasha stated.

"Yeah," Clint said, and an explosion went off in the background. "I think we lost the element of surprise."

"You've got that right," Victoria shook her head, running away from her Aunt to deal with other hostiles.

"Wait a second— no one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said language?"

Victoria grinned, sneaking up to soldiers who had their backs to her. She stuck an arrow through one's back, piercing his heart, and pulling it out the other side. She used the arrow to slice the jugular vein of the other, before running away.

"I know," Captain said, slightly out of breath with no noise of a bike in the background – only an explosion. "It just slipped out."

"Please," Victoria sighed. "Please don't tell me that you destroyed another bike?"

"Uh—"

"—You've got to stop doing that."

She was knocked off of her feet by an unknown force, but before she hit the ground, she was wrapped up in someone's arms.

"Woah—"

"—Wouldn't want you to get yourself hurt, dragă."

She looked at who caught her – a boy, who couldn't be older than 20, who had silver hair and blue eyes. She was mesmerised by them, they reminded her of the ocean.

She was brought out of her trance when she remembered what happened previously. She slipped a small knife out of her sleeve – courtesy of Tony's new suit – and stuck it in his bicep, causing him to drop her and hiss.

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt either, Speedy."

He glared at her, before zooming off somewhere else.

Sighing to herself, she began to move to the base when Natasha's voice stopped her.

"Clint!"

"Nat? What's happening? Is my dad okay?"

"We have an enhanced on the field," Cap informed the team over the comm.

Victoria was about to question again when Natasha's voice came over the comm,

"Clint's hit."

"Natasha, what the hell happened—"

"—Someone wanna deal with that bunker?" Natasha asked and Hulk grunted in response. "Thank you."

"Stark, we really need to get inside," Cap instructed the playboy.

"Can anyone tell me if my father is okay?"

"He's fine, Lady Victoria. He's back in the jet."

"Thank you, Thor."

"I'm closing in," Tony replied. After a lengthy pause, he spoke again, "Drawbridge is down people."

"Cap, coming to you."

She made her way into the fortress and found Strucker trying to escape.

"What, nowhere to run?"

He turned and gave the girl a glare.

"I don't have time for you, little girl."

"Little girl? Trust me, I am no little girl."

Strucker launched himself at her, shoving something into her leg, which caused her to collapse and convulse. She looked at her leg, a syringe poking out of it. She grabbed it and pulled it out.

"Enjoy the pain, it will all be over soon."

He was interrupted by Captain running in. "Victoria!"

She spasmed violently, unable to form a sentence, before passing out – syringe in hand.