Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Natalie's POV
Later on That Evening~

Sighing, I gently leaned into my new partner in crime as we relaxed on the couch, watching one of the many cartoon movies that Raigh-lee loved to watch. After the first forty minutes of the movie, Raigh-lee was out like a light in her playpen.

"So, what do you say about this weekend? A nice lovely evening out on the town with a nice cooked dinner afterwards. It's all on me." Aiden spoke up while running his hand through my hair gently as I looked up at him. Smiling down at me, he kissed my forehead before pulling back as he awaited my answer.

"That sounds blissful. I would love to but I'll have to drop Raigh-lee off with my mother and Lucy." I replied while glancing over at the sleeping toddler who laid sprawled out on the mat, barely missing the toys.

"We can bring her with us. I'm sure that she'd love the food afterwards and I'm quite sure that having Raigh-lee around will be less awkward and it'll settle the mama bear in you." He stated as I turned my attention back towards him as I noticed him smiling again. "Does that sound okay?" He inquired as I nodded while kissing his chin.

"Thank you but you know, our next few dates, we can't bring along Raigh-lee. I'll have to keep calm and carry on when she's with her grandmother because I'm sure that from here on out, things will become quite interesting." I stated while smiling up at him as he quietly laughed before nodding.

[~~~]

Staring at the individuals in front of me, I gave them both a pleasant smile before directing my attention to the young man standing before me.

"Good morning, you two." I greeted as Stella nodded quietly while Yuki shook my hand. "For today, you'll be working with my personal assistant. He'll show you the ropes over everything here and will guide you through this first week. Next week, I'll have you start your actual job working with me and my business partners." I stated while directing my attention towards Stella who was slowly dosing off. "Has she had any sleep lately?" I questioned as Yuki shook his head. Sighing, I quietly pushed my chair back from the desk before making my way to my lounging area. Quietly moving the coffee table to the side, I quickly threw the cushions off the couch to the side before pulling out the bed as it sprung to life.

"She didn't get much sleep last night because of the baby but is that really a convertible couch?" He asked as I smoothed out the sheets while picking up the pillows from the floor. "That's already made up?" He added with raised eyebrows as I shrugged while turning my attention back to him.

"Sometimes during lunch, instead of eating, Raigh-lee and I will take a little nap especially after a long morning of meetings and signing contracts. The regular couch wasn't helping any, so I bought a convertible bed and brought in some sheets from my apartment when it was still in tack." I stated while looking back at the bed before sighing. "And, since it's early and my PA doesn't come in until ten, you and Stella can rest on the bed until than while I finish up some important documents." I stated while turning my attention towards Raigh-lee, who was wide awake in her playpen. As if sensing my gaze, she turned and looked up at me before raising her arms as I walked over to her playpen.

"Are you sure? There's only three hours left before your PA arrives. I could do something until than, right?" Yuki inquired as I shook my head while kissing Raigh-lee's face.

"Trust me, you're going to need all the rest you can get even if its just three measly hours. In addition, both you and Stella can finally get a little rest." I replied while eyeing Yuki suspiciously. "And you yourself look like you haven't even slept. Rest up some, Yuki. The job offer and its training will still be here once you wake up. Any further questions you have, ask me after you rest. I'll wake you when my PA arrives." I informed as Yuki nodded while helping a half awake Stella to the bed before hopping in beside her. Not even a minute later, they were both snoozing away quietly. Smiling to myself, I adjusted Raigh-lee in my arms before walking out of my office, quietly closing the door behind me. "Now, you wanna show mommy what you've been learning from Granny?" I asked while smiling down at Raigh-lee who giggled quietly before patting my chest as I let her down. Slowly taking a few steps away from her, I squatted down and held out my arms. "Come on, Raigh-lee. Show mommy what you can do." I stated as she looked around her before tapping on the trashcan next to my PA's desk. With a gurgled grunt, she quietly pulled herself up before slowly turning towards me. Smiling, I continued to encourage her as she put one foot in front of the other, slowly wobbling towards me. She looked so excited as she neared my arms before her legs gave out under her. Slowly picking her up, I readjusted her back on my hip while smiling. "I'm so proud of you, darling. Wanna give mommy a kiss?" I questioned as I took her pacifier out before she placed a big wet kiss on my cheek.

"Mommy!" She happily exclaimed while gently bouncing. "Fwood?" She added while staring up at me as I gently nodded.

"It's a good thing that Aiden packed some snacks for us. Let's go eat some fruit and orange juice." I stated as Raigh-lee clapped her hands together in excitement.

////////\\\\\\\\

A/N:

Hello! I'm back with another update! I apologize that it's late. Last week was chaotic but in the end, I walked that line and got my diploma.

So, updates should be regular again unless something comes up.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll get back to as soon as possible.

I hope you all are starting out June in peacefulness! If not, it'll get better! ♥

Andrea ❥