Chapter 66

Motivated-NF

🔸Adelram's POV🔸

"What if she's already dead?" Brenda inquires.

"She's not dead" I assure her.

"What if we're going to the wrong place?" Brenda asks.

"We aren't going to the wrong place" I sigh. She's been asking questions like this since we left. So much deja vu it's creepy.

I know they say like mother like daughter, but this was just freaky...well I guess in this case like aunt like daughter.

"What if-" I cut Brenda off before she can continue with her thousandth "what if" question.

"Look Brenda, you're nervous, I get it. But asking a thousand what if's isn't going to help Kamaria, all it's doing is annoying the fu-" she interrupts before I can spit out the last part of my sentence.

"Okay okay I get it, no need to get grouchy" Brenda huffs, folding her arms.

I swear, the resemblance between her and Kamaria is uncanny.

As I continue driving, I go over the plan again in my head. The plan is simple, Brenda stays outside of the building in case Slyder comes out, and I go inside. I find Kamaria and bring her to Brenda, they both drive away, and I stay there and get my revenge on Slyder.

I can't wait to finally give Slyder the pain and torture that he deserves. I don't really expect to kill him, I'm not quite powerful enough for that, but I definitely plan to beat him until he can hardly move.

I've seen victim after victim of his, it's revolting. Never once has he ever shown any remorse, so it's time for him to get exactly what he's been giving.

🔹🔹🔹

It takes hours to get there and I had almost fallen asleep more times than I'd like to admit, but finally, finally, we make it. As soon as the car is parked, Brenda whips her head over to me and locks eyes with mine.

"Adelram, promise me my baby will come out alive, and that Slyder won't. Get my baby girl out of there safe. Please." Brenda pleaded, her eyes desperate with worry. I gulp audibly and nod my head that has already begun to sweat. "I will" I promised, though I have a feeling it's a promise I won't be able to keep.

Brenda doesn't look reassured, but she nods her head anyways "thank you" she whispers, her head dropping slightly in disappointed fear.

With that, I take a deep breath, attempting to calm my shaky nerves. Wiping my clammy hands on my jeans, I grip the car door handle, taking in one more deep breath before swinging open the door and stepping out, shutting it as quietly as I can behind me.

I turn around and look to the building, it's a plain looking place, medium in size, dark, and well hidden in the depths of the woods. It was strange, but it was as if the woods were alive, they had a deep green kind of glow to them, and definitely gave this place a more haunted, creepy feel to it.

Alright, you can do this. You're going to go inside, find Kamaria, help her escape, bring her to Brenda, then give Slyder what he deserves and more.