With Her

DRAGNEEL COMPOUND

Natsu was getting dressed in his black suit, but it wasn’t just him. Lucy was putting on clothes that said she was going somewhere.

He looked her up from her white flats to her baby pink sundress as she brushed her long blond hair that was on the loose.

“Are you going out?” Natsu asked, getting Lucy’s attention.

“Well I was thinking of going to Eucliffe’s restaurant today,” she answered smiling at him, “Sting invited me a few days ago.”

Natsu was inwardly mad when he heard his name. But he didn’t show it to her, he knew she had no idea that the blond man saw her as someone more than just a friend.

“He invited you? Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“I didn’t want to stress you out with a small matter like this,” she had an apologetic smile on her face, “But I wasn’t going to leave without letting you know either.”

Natsu just stared at her.

Lucy had a feeling that he wasn’t going to let her go. She walked towards and circled her arms around him as she looked up to his face, he looked down on her.

“Besides, I’m craving for sweets…Please?” she begged with those brown orbs.

Just by looking at her like that, how could he say ‘No’?

He closed his eyes and sighed.

“Fine,” he said, “But you’re not going alone.”

Lucy hugged him tight as she kept saying a ‘thank you’.

“I can’t believe you’re going on a date with another man.” he said with a hint of little jealousy on his voice.

She giggled at him.

“It’s not a date. Even if he’s there or not, I’m still going. Besides, he’s part of the family and he’s not that kind of person.” Lucy continued to brush her hair.

“Trust me baby, he’s THAT kind of person.”

.

.

Outside the main house, black cars parked at the front ready to leave for the company.

Before Natsu went inside his car, he turned to Gray. His face as serious as it could be.

“Lucy is heading somewhere today, double the security around her. If anything happens, all hell will break loose.”

“Got it,” Gray nodded at him.

“And keep an eye on Sting. Don’t let him do anything stupid.”

After that, Natsu drove away with the other cars following him.

.

.

EUCLIFFE RESTAURANT

The sliding door of the restaurant opened, Lucy’s figure entered.

Sting was there, just sitting on one of the tables absentmindedly when he saw her. His eyes widened, he wasn’t expecting to see her that day.

He immediately went to her. A smile was on her face when she saw him. She always had a smile on her face anyway everytime she met a friend.

“Hey Lucy. You made it!” he welcomed her happily as he led her to one of the tables, “Right this way.”

Sting could see Natsu’s men outside through the glass wall of the restaurant as they sat on the table. Black cars and men in suits were guarding the premises.

“Wow, it looks like a fortress around here.” Sting said as he looked through the window, he could see Laxus and Gajeel there.

“Yes, well, you know Natsu,” Lucy giggled at him.

“Ah…Natsu,” Sting had a pained smile, “Does he know you’re here?”

“Yup he does,” a new voice answered.

They looked at Gray who was standing beside Lucy. He had a smirk on his face as he stared at Sting.

“And I’ll be chilling at the far corner if you need me, Lucy.” He said as he turned to her before leaving the two of them and sitting on another table.

Sting wiped away a sweat that trickled down his forehead.

He fake coughed.

“So, what do you want to order?” he asked with a smile as he waved at a waiter who immediately went to their aid.

“Let’s see,” Lucy opened the menu, “Oh wow…you have lots of desserts here.”

“Pick whatever you want, it’s on me.”

“Really?” Lucy looked at him with sparkling eyes and then back at the menu, “That’s a good thing! I’m actually craving for sweets at the moment.”

Sting just watched her as she ordered food, it pleased his eyes to see her happy.

He looked at where Gray was, checking if he could hear any of their chat. Good thing he was a good distance away.

“I’m surprised Natsu let you out of the compound.”

He started a conversation as they waited for her order.

“He did. Despite how strict he is, he’s actually a sweetheart,” Lucy smiled.

He just looked at her. Sweetheart huh.

“Maybe he’s just like that to you.” He joked.

“No, no,” Lucy shook her head, “He’s like that to everybody. Natsu just doesn’t show it.”

“Yeah, he isn’t really one to show off emotions.” He agreed.

After a while, her desserts finally arrived. A chocolate cake and other chocolate-y stuff. She started to dig in. Sting just had a milkshake.

“Do you have someone you care for, Sting?” Lucy asked as she ate a piece of cake.

His eyes widened at her sudden question.

“W-Why ask me something like that all of a sudden?” he laughed nervously.

She giggled.

“Nothing, just wondering why you’re hanging out with me instead of your lover.” She smiled.

“Oh…well…I don’t really have one.”

“You’re joking,” Lucy took a sip of her chocolate drink, “Why? You’re such a nice guy.”

‘But being nice won’t help in having you, Lucy’

“Yeah well, let’s just say that’s not enough,” Sting said with a chuckle.

“Nonsense. Just believe in yourself,” she said, wiping off a chocolate smear on her face with a handkerchief.

They talked and talked for about an hour until Lucy remembered that she had somewhere else to go. As much as he wanted her to stay, it wasn’t his place to stop her.

It was only for a short time, but Sting was happy he was with her.