4. Patient

Dedicating this chapter to Unbroken_Promises. thanks for supporting me & my stories here with your wonderful comments. :) I really appreciate it. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 4

LOVE IS... PATIENT

"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person."

Ashton didn't find it necessary to answer the very important question I had asked him. In fact, all he did was look at me with a very disgusted look on his face; the look that made me feel incredibly stupid for even slightly believing in the rumors and thereby, asking him about the presence of a snake in his apartment. The way he looked at me, made me want to dig a hole and bury those gossip mongers from my office in it.

"Snake?" he asked in immense confusion, with the expressions of disgust towards me still intact.

My eyes widened as I realized the situation and looked down at the surface at which I was standing with fear - the couch. Shutting my eyes at my immense stupidity, I murmured to myself, "Idiot, Lia. You're an idiot."

"What?" he asked, making me look up from the black colored couch to his bearded face.

My head snapped up towards him and I opened my mouth to say anything that could make me look like a slightly lesser fool than what I was already making myself in front of him. Quite uncomfortably and forcefully, I shrugged my shoulders while taking a step down from the couch and said, "Oh... nothing. I just asked because snakes and I, usually don't get along very well." A forced and very weird sounding chuckle escaped my lips at the stupid answer I had just given him, but that didn't mean that I stopped talking. "Trust me, they are so scared of me that whenever they hear that I'm in a city, they slither their way out of the damn town. They just can't stand me and my strong personality." I gave him a tight lipped smiled when my tongue decided to shut up at last.

All during my rant; he was looking at me with raised eyebrows and the slightest amount of amusement in his grey eyes. "You sure do have a hell amount of imagination for a writer." He snickered while shaking his head at me.

"How do you know I'm a writer?" I cocked an eyebrow in a questioning manner and took a step towards him. I had just told him that his mother had sent me here, not the fact that I'm a writer.

As the question left my lips, his face became serious and he, too, took steps towards me. He was so huge and there was no doubt about the fact that he intimidated me with those deadlygrey eyes and his built. The step that I had taken towards him was taken back because of his ever increasing steps towards me. The one eyebrow that was cocked up in curiosity was now accompanied by the other eyebrow as well.

'What is wrong with him? Can't he stop and just answer the one simple question that I have asked him?'

He brought his face closer to mine and stared in my eyes which just made me gulp my own spit in nervousness. He whispered, making his hot air fan over my face, "Because I've been stalking you for a couple of months and because I've been waiting for you to acknowledge my existence in this huge world."

Both his closeness and his answer made me widen my eyes and even before I could think of anything to say in order to show the shock, I was facing, he took a step back from me and while rolling his eyes at me, he continued with disgusted expressions back on his face, "Such a hopeless romantic. Simply pathetic."

Before I could process whatever had happened here, he turned around and entered some room, followed by banging the door of that room, yet again. For what felt like the umpteenth time, I was left to stare at a wooden door in a span of hardly thirty minutes. And this was definitely not one of my favorite pastimes.