eleven | partners in crime

I stared at Ashton with a flat look as he crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow in a challenging way, a devious smile playing on his lips. I placed my hands on my hips and looked to the side, rows and rows of houses that were only in my sight.

"What the hell do I get out of this?" I questioned, pinching the bridge of my nose. "It better be good or else I'm backing the fuck out."

"I'll pay for your food for a month," he answered with a victorious smirk. "Besides, who knew Aurora Steele, the delinquent bad girl would back out of something that is just begging to be ruined?" He pointed towards the expensive car parked on a pebbled driveway.

I raised a finger in the air to stop him, shaking my head in amusement as I sighed silently. "The thing that is just 'begging to be ruined' happens to be your uncle's fucking Lamborghini. He's your fucking uncle. He would obviously suspect it's you."

Ashton clicked his tongue with a playful look in his eyes as he watched me amusedly. "No, Sleeping Beauty, that's where you're wrong. You see, Uncle James and I hardly talk so the person he would be suspecting is my brother, Cayden."

I raised an eyebrow as a chuckle escaped my lips. "Seriously?"

He nodded, sighing in content before reaching into his convertible, turning off the engine then swiftly threw his car keys to me which I had caught with ease. He then reached further inside the car before giving me a box full of eggs.

"Are you going to be my partner in crime in this?" I questioned, giving him an expected look.

He laughed, running a hand through his blonde hair before being swept back by the gentle, cool breeze. A thoughtful look crossed his face but before I could decipher it, it was suddenly replaced with a his usual smirk. "Always."

With a rush of adrenaline pumping through my veins, Ashton and I jogged towards the double-storey house seeing as Ashton parked his own car almost a block down. He had said something about his uncle knowing that he would recognise his car but I didn't even give a damn. I just wanted a reward out of this.

"Are you ready?" he whispered as the sun's warmth seeped into my skin.

"You know we're doing this in broad daylight, right?" I questioned him, raising an eyebrow to see if he knew that he was stupid.

He nodded slowly before taking the keys from my hands. "Yes. I may be blonde but I am not stupid."

My jaw slightly unhinged. "That's so stereotypical! I'm blonde and I'm smarter than you and your dumb brain."

He turned his attention to me and placed a hand on his hip, his head cocking to the side. "What did you get for your recent AP Chemistry exam?"

I poked my nose in the air and grinned proudly. "Hundred percent. And you?"

He rolled his blue eyes. "Same but I'm getting extra credit for it because I finished it in under twenty minutes."

My eyes widened in disbelief as my eyes shamelessly eye-raped him. "That's impossible."

A boyish grin tugged at his lips as he sighed in content. "If it's got to do with Ashton, it's possible."

"Give me the damn egg and I'll crack it on your head!"

He barked out a laugh and shook his head amusedly. "Come on, we've come here to do one thing and one thing only."

I groaned and followed behind him, my heavy footsteps caused him to nearly step on my feet in annoyance. I almost grinned in triumph when he began to jog over towards the car and held his car keys up like it was some sort of trophy.

I sighed, knowing that this prank has already started.

Opening the box that has been filled with about a hundred eggs, I took each one out and threw it at each and every side of the car, my aim so perfect that I could probably get a bullseye from a mile away.

I bit my lips as excitement bubbled within the pits of my stomach as Ashton and I made eye contact once every two minutes. I was halfway done with the eggs until I looked over to the front door whilst trying to aim it at the car.

After a brief moment, I glanced over to Ashton to see him slowly rising from his seated position, his blue eyes piercing right into my soul as egg yolk dripped from his hair.

I bit my lips to prevent myself from laughing as I cleared my throat, trying to hide my smile behind a curtain of my hair.

"Aurora..." Ashton trailed off, his voice sounding deadly as he slowly rounded the car in the corner of my eyes.

Before Ashton could get his revenge on me, I heard a voice shout from a window above as I immediately looked up to see an old man, fuming whilst yelling at us to stay right where we were.

My eyes widened in shock, surprised that this was my first time ever being caught. My mind raced inside my head as I immediately dropped the boxes of eggs, backing away slowly whilst my heart almost skipped a beat.

Ashton cursed under his breath before taking off his army green bomber jacket, putting it over his head and I assumed it was to hide his identity so he wouldn't be recognised as he muttered something under his breath. I couldn't hear him, though.

"What?" I questioned quietly, staring at him in confusion.

He glared at me as I shrugged innocently before he chuckled and interlaced his fingers with mine. My heart almost stopped at the gesture and before I knew it, we were running down the street as we laughed our heads off.

It wasn't until we reached Ashton's motorcycle and hopped on it that I realised how exciting it was. To run and to live freely and do whatever I wanted to do. I glanced over at Ashton who had a stupid grin on his face, his eyes concentrating on the road ahead of us.

"What did you key into his car?" I questioned curiously, tilting my head to the side as Ashton started his motorcycle, roaring it to life.

He smirked as I began to quickly adjust my helmet on my head before wrapping my arms around his waist. "'CAYDEN' in big letters."

I shrugged, chuckling in amusement. "He's going to murder you."

"Childish but effective. Besides, it just means I'm off the hook."

I cleared my throat and put on a posh voice. "Oh darling, you're so very intelligent."

His smirk disappeared and a boyish grin tugged at his lips as his eyes flickered over to me for a brief second in the corner of my eyes.

"I'll take you home," Ashton voiced before looking over my shoulder to see if his uncle had followed.

I was about to nod my head when I realised my car was still at school. "No, you're taking me back to school."

"Back to that hell hole?"

I winked. "You know it."

He only nodded in response before picking up the speed of the car, shaking his head amusedly. I slightly pushed myself off of his back, realising that a small tattoo was peaking out of his leather jacket at the back of his neck.

It was a tattoo of a wave.

a/n:
What do you think of this chapter and do you think the tattoo might mean something to him? If so, what are you guys guessing? I'd love to hear it!

Don't be a silent reader!!

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment to show me your support!

Ariella xo