Chapter 1: The Beginning

Hey guys! This is my second (it may not seem it XD but I deleted my other books and started doing them on my second account) reader-insert story, so I've improved a bit! This story is loosely based around the plot of the anime/manga, but it will be mentioned and such. The reader is NOT a titan shifter, she just happens to live outside the walls with a small group of people like herself. Also, the time setting is placed a while after the graduation of the 104th.

Ive also made the reader shorter than Levi just so it's clear! I also imagine the reader to be 17/18 just to be safe!

Thanks for reading this and enjoy!! ☆〜(ゝ。∂)

Edited: OMG! THANK YOU ALL SO 1.5K READS AND 50+ VOTES!! IT MEANS SOOO MUCH TO ME, HOLY SHIT. WOW. THANK YOU :')~<3

The cold that seemed mild at first now numbed your face and limbs with each passing second. What extra heat you had absorbed from the everlasting hearth in the center of your camp, had long since gone as you perched on a creaky tree branch high above the frosted ground.

You sighed, watching your warm breath turn to vapor and spiral into the air. Your (e/c) orbs lazily watched as the vibrant golds and oranges of the upcoming sunrise expelled the deep indigos and ebony blues of the previous night away.

From your high up point of view, you could see nearly everything. Even the slow moving forms of titans in the distance. If you squinted hard enough you could see the smudge of grey on the faraway horizon that were the large walls that encircled what you thought to be more humans like yourself. Why they chose to live inside and act like titan bait was beyond you. Maybe it was safer...
No.

You shook your head to dispel your mind of the thought. You couldn't think like that. Raven would have your head if you even suggested leaving for the Walls. Not like you would anyways, preferring your limitless freedom and lack of rules instead of the idea of restricted living space. The closest thing you had to rules was the stoic woman named Raven who created a small society, if you could even call it that, of lone survivors much like yourself. The woman had set a mere three rules to keep everyone from ripping each others throats out and have a somewhat civil community. They were simple and expected to be followed to their fullest extent;

1. Don't fall in love
2. Expect to die
3. Don't kill your comrades

The first two were beyond easy to follow, but the third one, not so much. Already three of you were killed this month over dwindling supplies by a man named Anthony Tropianska. Why Raven hadn't killed this man puzzled everyone greatly.

Maybe it was because he was a direct pipeline to goods from inside the walls, or perhaps his people would notice him missing. He was in fact, an Insider himself, and that caused many problems within Raven's small group. You despised the man, if you were being honest. He murdered your friends because apparently Raven's little rules didn't apply to him since he belonged elsewhere.

Robyn, Fischer, and Thrush were now dead because of him. It wasn't like you were that close to the three boys, but it still hit a nerve when Anthony had claimed he was "just defending himself" and then got to walk free of punishment.

That wasn't the only reason why you hated him, oh no not all. The real reason why you held an unimaginable amount of hatred for him was because he had chosen you to "prove those military bastards wrong" and forced you to develop as a skilled killer. You had no idea why he had favored you over the eight other members of your small group and who and why he needed to prove a point to these "military bastards". You were the smallest one, standing at 5'1.
It wasn't like you had a choice to become this type of person, but if you refused to follow any command from Anthony you were denied food for days on end with additional brutal beatings until you submitted to his will.