Chapter 5: Rogues

The small, wet pebbles that lined the beach sparkled in the lingering light of sunset. The water was almost still, small waves occasionally hitting the beach with little force. You reached down to pick one up, running your thumb over its smooth surface. It was perfectly round, with no sharp edges or jagged curves. You swung your arm back and flicked your wrist, watching the small pebble skip across the surface of the sea. A soft giggle escaped your lips as the chilly water lapped over your bare toes. Squealing, you stumbled away from the water when it surged around your ankles.

"(F/n)!"

Your innocent (e/c) eyes landed on the young boy who called your name. His pants were rolled up to his knees, his deep black eyes sparkling with happiness.

"Thomas!" You cried, throwing your arms around the boy.

He laughed and set you down.

"(F/n!) you have to wake up!"

"What?" Your eyebrows scrunched up in confusion at the boy's words. Weren't you already awake?

"Wake up."

His face contorted into the narrow face of Lark, Thomas's black orbs melting away into large light brown ones.

"Little Kestrel, why didn't you help me?"

You screamed and tried to turn away from Lark as blood dripped from invisible cuts on his face as his grin twisted into that of a madman.

Tripping over yourself in haste, you backed away, his tall figure growing even taller as he grew into a greasy haired titan. Its haunting smile grew large as it jumped towards you, its digits wrapping around your middle, squeezing the air from your lungs as it crushed you.

You tried to scream for help, but no sound came out. Black dots swarmed around your vision at the loss of air, the darkness more welcoming than the jaws of the titan lowering you into its mouth.

You jolted up in fright, your hands clutching where your beating heart that slammed against your ribcage. You tried to even out your panicky breathing from your nightmare, the effects still clinging to your mind.

Your eyes frantically searched for Thomas, not finding the boy sent you into another mini heart attack. Right before you had made it to safety, Thomas was pierced with stray rubble when you were nearly smashed to bits. You didn't think it was too serious, but you could always be wrong.

Breathing heavily, your eyes scanned your surroundings. It was a dark room, the only light coming from a lit candle in the hallway. Stumbling over your feet, you rushed over to the source of light.

You cried out in pain when steel bars connected harshly with your face. You bit your lip and rubbed your cheek, your other hand enclosing around the cold bars that imprisoned you.

You swore and tried shaking them to see if one of them were loose enough for you to escape. It seemed that your lucky streak ended as you slumped against the barred wall.

The urge to cry washed over you, but you glared at the dirty floor and willed them away. Your brought your knees to your chest and buried your head in between your kneecaps. Where was Thomas? Did they kill him?

You scoffed and shook your head. No, you didn't think they did. Not after the bald man had pulled you up from the wall. You vaguely remember passing out from exhaustion right in front of a worried looking blond before you screamed at them to help you.