Thirty Five

Thanks for all the support so far! You're all amazing.

Also, I just realized that I've been calling Gabriella, Gabrielle for the longest time. They're both the same person lol, if that confuses you.

This is gonna be a happy chapter.

Eliana's POV

I smiled as I watched Peter chase his new lady love around the field. 

A girl named Amelia. They had met a while back during our small trips to the village and I noticed his slight - well, very obvious actually - interest in her. Her uncle worked as a kitchen member in our castle and with his permission, I was allowed to bring this little girl with us on our trip. 

We were at Dewer's Peak for some type of vacation that the girls had put together for a retreat before the wedding. We had all come; Niall, Anne, Stella, Gabriella, Harry, Peter, Louis and Clary. Peter had even asked his little crush, Amelia to join us.

They were so cute.

Amelia had little blonde curls that tumbled down until her ears and beautiful doe eyes that sparkled when she smiled. Unfortunately, her parents had died due to that plague and she was now spending her days with her uncle, who loved her just as equally.

"They're cute together," Harry observed as we sat next to each other on a blanket. I nodded and smiled slightly before I turned my focus to our friends who were playing some sort of game by a lake.

We hadn't made much effort to speak to each other but we both mutually decided it'd be best to be civil on this picnic. It was his idea; he came up to me quite unexpectedly this morning and told me to pack my things, saying that we were going on a trip. I was confused but obliged. 

Dewer's Peak was marvelous. We sat on top of a valley that led down into a beautiful blue lake that was surrounded by mountains. The sun shining down on the water, contrasted with the blue and made the lake appear more vibrant and lively.

"Niall," Gabriella shrieked as he approached her menacingly, "get that spider away from me

"Niall," Gabriella shrieked as he approached her menacingly, "get that spider away from me."

"You called me a leprechaun," he retorted, sticking his hand out to her. She screamed and ran around him, cackling as I laughed and Harry chuckled.

This was nice. We hadn't spoke much since we got here, him and I, but I knew that was because he was respecting my request for time. I appreciated that. I looked over to him. He was leaning back on his arms with his legs stretched out in front of him, green eyes scanning the scenery around us. His eyes had a reflective glint to them as he smirked in reaction to something that one of the boys did. He tilted his head back and looked up at the sky, still smiling before he closed his eyes. I watched him.

How could he be so perfect, yet so stupid sometimes? I just didn't get it.

As if he sensed my gaze, he smirked again.