Chapter 24: Adventure Awaits

***HEY GUYS!!! I am alive, and here is your next chapter that you have been asking for. Just remember that I don't own anyone in the MCU***

"Loki?"

"Yes?"

"I'm bored."

His emerald eyes slide over to me. "And what am I meant to do about that?"

"Help me become unbored?"

"How am I meant to do that?"

I huff and throw my arms up in the arms. "I have no idea." 

Loki just stares at me, before returning to the book in his hands. 

"Loki."

"What?" His eyes flash over to me again.

"Wanna go on an adventure?" I grin as I skip over to him.

His arched eyebrow spoke volumes about his answer to my question.

"Oh please, Loki. I haven't seen much of this Tower and there are so many more floors to explore. Please," I beg, pouting.

Staring into his eyes, I can see as his resolve finally cracks. Closing his book with a loud clap, he stands and gestures for me to lead the way.

"YAY." I squeal, grabbing his hand and dragging him towards the door. "We're going on an adventure," I shout.

*******************************************************************************************

"Wow," I giggle as Loki and I stand in the doorway. 

"I don't see why you are surprised," Loki states," He is a billionaire after all."

"I know, but you don't always see things like this in a persons house unless it's on a movie or TV show," I reply, still staring. I hear Loki huff in annoyance, before giving me a slight push to enter the room. 

"Are you just going to stand there staring at it? Or are you actually going to go play something?" He asks, as he steps around me and walks into the room.

"It's an arcade. In a house. This is not normal!" I huff as I follow Loki. 

"Yes but, is anything about Stark normal?" 

I open my mouth to defend him, before closing it with a click. Loki just looks over his shoulder at me and smirks. 

I huff at him, before stopping and actually looking around the room. I smirk when I see Pump It Up Infinity. Running over to it, I turn to Loki.

"Wanna a rematch?" I grin as I jump out and turn it on.

Loki walks over and steps up on the platform. "Prepare to lose, Aithne," 

"Oh please. You are about to go up against the Queen of Dance," I retort as I get ready.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to take that crown." 

"Sorry, but you aren't gonna have any crown in this lifetime." 

Loki just glances at me out of the corner of his eye and smirks. "You just wait and see, little one."

The game starts and we get ready. Music starts and we dance.

***********************************************************************************************

Two hours, and I don't know how many rematches later, Loki and I were back up in the kitchen, having a well earned sandwich and soda. 

"I totally won," I grin at Loki, as I take a sip of my soda.

"You only think you did," Loki smirks. I am beginning to think that smirking is his favourite expression I grin to myself.

I open my mouth to retort when JARVIS pipes up. "Excuse me, but the Avengers are calling, so if you could make your way into the living area, I will place them on the big screen. Mr Stark wants to check on you."

"Thank you JARVIS," I say as I climb off the stool, grab my sandwich and soda and walk carefully into the lounge. Loki follows and sits next to me, putting his feet up on the coffee table in the middle. Placing my plate and cup on the table, I look up at the TV as the screen flickers to life. I see Tony and Clint appear. Tony grins at us, "Hey Shortcake!!"

"Hi, Tony. Hi Clint," I giggle, waving at them.

"Hey, Alexis," Clint smiles.

Tony notices Loki sitting next to me, and says," Loki, Have you been looking after our girl?" 

I watch Loki as he huffs and winks at me before replying. "Of course I have. She is in one piece, isn't she? If you don't believe me, you can ask your electronic butler."

"Alright, I believe you," Tony says.

"How is everyone?" I asked, directing his attention away from Loki.

"Everyone is fine. A few bumps and bruises, but we will on our way home tomorrow."

"No one is too hurt?" I ask nervously. 

"Nope. Everyone is fine, Shortcake. I promise." 

"Yea, sweetheart. No one has broken bones or anything," Clint chips in.

"Alright. I believe you," I grin, as I take a bite of my sandwich.

"Hey, Alexis?" 

"Yea, Tony?"

"Have you been eating much?" The concern evident in his tone.

"She has been eating just fine, Mr Stark. I've been making sure of that," JARVIS replied, "She has only missed 2 meals in the 6 days you have been away."

Tony's eyes instantly go to me, making me look down. "Why were those meals missed, Alexis?" 

"I was busy."

"Busy doing what?"

"Well, I was sleeping and the other time I thought I had lost my arc reactor," I say.

"Did you find it?" 

"Yea, it had fallen under my bed."

"Well, that's good but you still should have eaten Shortcake."

"I know. I will next time." 

"Thank you, Shortcake."

A noise off-screen makes Tony and Clint look away. "We gotta go now Shortcake, but we will see you sometime tomorrow night hopefully otherwise it will be the next morning," Tony says, before looking at Loki,"Loki, make sure you look after our Shortcake here and keep her out of trouble."

Loki just nods before the screen turns black. 

"Do you know what they were doing?" I ask, turning to Loki.

"Nope, because why would they trust me with a secret like that after I tried to take over the world," He sighs as he stands and walks over to the hallway door

"Oh yeah," I mumble, "I keep forgetting you did that." 

I fall back on the couch and sigh when Loki calls out "Are we going to see who is truly the Royalty of Dance or have you given up?"

Laughing, I scamper off the couch and race after Loki, shouting, "In your dreams!"

***I hope you enjoyed this chapter***