[12] Mr.Player's No-Touch Policy

Chapter 12

[Dylan's POV]

I saw Alex walking away. I wanted to ask her to stop and plead her not to go, but I knew that my best friend had simply crossed his limits this time and she was doing what any sane person would do. So I didn't stop her from doing what she should do.

I heard the sound of her footsteps as she climbed down the steps. When I couldn't hear her anymore, I turned to Matt. When I looked at him, I didn't feel like person usually would feel when seeing their best friend, more of, I felt like punching his lights out.

 I walked towards him. I didn't realize what I was doing. I simply walked up to him and punched him square on the nose, causing it to bleed. Blood dripped down his face.

 "What the hell did you do that for?!" He shouted, sounding exasperated.

 "This was for acting like a total asshole. What the hell were you thinking last night?! I mean, you just can't spike some girl's drink and just sleep with her and act next morning like you have no idea what happened!"

 "Oh yeah? And who are you to tell me that, Mr. Player? Yeah, isn't that what everyone calls you?"

 "At least I don't force girls to sleep with me. I don't use dirty tricks on them. They come to me because they want to. I never thought that my best friend was a disgusting and desperate wanna -be player. I want to pound your face into smithereens you know?" I said, sounding angry.

 "Oh yeah? You think you have a right to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Who are you to talk? Fine if I use dirty tricks, what about you? Don't you use girls as if they are tissue papers, or like toys? You are the one who leave them after they practically fall for you, not being there to catch them. You're the one who leaves them crying their hearts out. You know what's your problem? You want to play with each and every toy that's out there, and when you play with them, you throw them away, and that makes you any better? I don't think so!"

 That shut me up. I bet that's the kind of reaction Matt expected. But after a couple of seconds, I started speaking again, slightly calmer.

 "Look Matt, I didn't mean to sound so aggressive-"

 "Yeah, but you just did. And what's more? You broke my nose you idiot! My nose ! And a sorry isn’t gonna mend it"

 "I know...but I just don't want you to get into trouble, okay? Spiking someone's drink and having involuntary sex is as good as a rape. Only the victim doesn't remember anything. Dude, you have to apologize to Tia"

 "No way!"

 "Yes way. You have to say sorry to her"

 "Oh okay! But what I don't understand is what is it to you ? Yeah Tia's kind of cute but nothing out of the ordinary...wait a second, it's Alex, isn't it?"

 My eyes got wide, then I looked away, trying to keep my expressions neutral. "No way! Its not her or Tia. It's just...I-I want my best friend out of trouble"

 "Thanks man, I'm glad you got my back and okay, I'll apologize to her" he said, grinning.

 "That will be good."

But I knew I was lying. Every time I remembered what Matt had done, I remembered Alex's angry face. I couldn't get her face out of my head. Her words kept echoing through my head. The word 'goodbye' was fixed right there in the middle of it all. Alex had said she didn't want to do anything with us, anything with me. She's not going to talk to me. She'll be ignoring me for the rest of my life. And somehow, I didn't want something like that to happen. God knows why though.