Chapter 9: First Job

It has been two days since May meet the others. May has things in her hours, it's all set up. May wakes up to see Sandy pawing her face.

May opens her eyes, "Yes Sandy?" May asked sleepily.

"What are you doing today?" Sandy asked.

May sits up in her bed, "Well now that we meet the others. We can go on a job. We are not hurting on money thanks to mom, but it doesn't hurt to more you know. Not to mention it wont last forever." So what do you say want to go on are first job?" May told her.

"Yeah! Lets go on a job." Sandy said excitedly.

"But first lets eat some food, and then we will go." May told her.

Sandy eyes brighten up when she heard the word food, "Yeah! That first, then job."

May gets out of bed and makes it then takes a bath. After that she gets dressed and heads the kitchen and makes food for her and Sandy. Once they eaten the head to the guild. Once they got to the guild May went to request board and look at the jobs.

"Hmm... which one do I want?" May thought to herself.

May kept looking until she found one, May garbed it and read it.

Please help.

A wyvern located on Mt. Hakobe. Isn't letting people hiking and its cause lots of troubles someone even got hurt. Please get rid of it for 90,000 Jewle's.

"I found one." May thought to herself.

May then walks over to Gramps.

"Hey Gramps I want to take this job." May tells him while showing him it.

Gramps nodes his head, "Alright. I'll notify the person letting them know you're on your way. But do be careful though." He tells her.

May nodes her head, "I will."

May wakes over to Sandy who is talking to Cana.

Cana see May, "Hey May whats going on?" she asked.

"Ah. I just came by to let Sandy know that I got a job for us." May told her.

"Ahh... you finally picked a job. Well I was wandering when you would go now that you meet the others." Cana told her.

"Yeah..." May said while looking down.

Sandy looks at her, "Well May what's the job?" Sandy asked.

May looks at Sandy, "Well the job is to get rid of a wyvern located on Mt. Hakobe for 90,000 jewls. Gramps already notify the person she we just have to head up there." she tells her.

"Well i'm ready to go. Are you?" Sandy asked.

"Yep. Well Cana well see you when we get back." May tells her.

"Alright. Be safe out there May." Cana tells her.

"We will." May tells her as she walking away.

May and Sandy leaves the guild and gets a ride to Mt. Hakobe.

"So May do you know what type of wyvern it is?" Sandy asked.

"Nope. I do not on the job request it just said get rid of it. Didn't what type it was." May tells her.

Sandy nodes her head in understatement. It been three hours and they finally get to Mt. Hakobe. They got out and May paid the driver. 

Once they paid the driver the walked on the hiking path.

"Do you know where it is?" Sandy asked.

"Not the exact location of it no. It just said they it attacks people on the hiking path which we are no, so I guess we just keep walking up till it show ups." May tells her.

Sandy nodes her head, "Are you cold?" she asked.

"Nope. you?" May asked her.

"Nope." 

May smiled. After they kept walking. It was another hour before something happen. May stopped in her tracks, and looked up in the air.

Sandy notices this, "What is it May?" she asked.

"Its coming. Its attacking from above I can hear the wings flapping." May told her seriously.

Sandy flys next her and waits with her ready to pick up May and fly out of the way.

"Now!" May shouted.

Sandy picks up May and flys out of their spot to see a wyvren fly straight on it.

(A/N That's what the wyvren looks like.)

"Do you know what type it is?" Sandy asked.

"No. I would have to see it attack first. But by judging by its appearance I would say Ice. Dodge!" May told her but shouted at the end.

Sandy fly out of away of an attack. The wyvren shot out Ice at them.

"Well that answers are question. What now." Sandy asked.

"Fly me over the wyvren and drop me." May told her.

Sandy did as she was told and drop May.

While May was being drop, "Water Dragon Iron Fist!" May shouted as she punched the wyvren on the head which caused it to fall on the ground.

May then lands on the ground, "Water Dragon Roar!" it hits the wyvren and it crashed into a mountain.

Sandy picks May up again, and flys over to the wyvren, "Water dragon secret art Raging Typhoon!" May shouted.

A strong wind with razor sharp water hit the wyvren, they then wait for the smoke to clear out. Sandy let May go, and they waited. Once the smoke was cleared the saw wyvren longing breathing. May smiled big.

"Alright we did it! And lived to tell the tail!" Sandy cheered.

May and Sandy high five each other. They went to tell the person who set the job request. The person was happy. He paid them but also gave them some of its scales to make whatever they want out of it. 

After that they walked back to the guild. However it was getting dark so they set up camp. Sandy was eating raw fish while May was eating cooked fish.

"We got paid on are first job! You showed that wyvren who's boss!" Sandy told her.

May smiled, "I think we did good." she tells her.

After that they go to bed. It was now morning and they woke up. Once they were up they left and head back to the guild. It was noon when they got back into town, and May was caring Sandy.

May looks down at her, "I think we should go to the cafe and get some cake for a job well done. What do you say?"

"Yes!" Sandy agreed. 

They headed to the Cafe to get some cake. May order Green Tea Cake and Sandy got some pie. After they got them they started eating it. Once they were done they headed back to the guild to let Gramps know that they are back and safe.

Once May went throw the guild doors she saw something that made her heart race....