79

C H A P T E R  79

Moody dismissed class with assigning them to write a small paragraph about each Unforgivable Curse. He had written notes on the board and no one spoke as they copied them down.

Everyone was giving Samantha side glances and strange looks. She ignored them as she spent the last few minutes of class copying down the notes.

Her insides felt numb. Her fingers felt like they were on pins and needles as she made small strokes with her quill.

Then once the bell rang, Samantha packed up her things, and made her way down to the kitchens, her stomach aching with hunger.

She sat alone on the tile floor, eating soup one of the house elves prepared for her.

Why did he make her do that?

Why did she do that?

Samantha thought about what she was feeling when she stared at the spider. She was instantly put on the spot and one thing that made her a Gryffindor was that she never backed down from a challenge.

They had never faced any serious dark magic before so she was living in the moment. But she had done it. She had performed a non-verbal spell....and then Samantha realized that she wasn't holding her wand. So Samantha had done the most powerful spell non-verbally and wandless.

She knew that higher levels of magic could be done when under pressure so that's what Samantha concluded. It was never her nature to be super confident but she still liked to think highly of herself. Being humble was much more important.

The portrait hole then opened twenty minutes later and Fred and George walked inside. They were holding a piece of parchment and a quill. Their eyes had distant looks and they gave Samantha nods.

"Hello," she said and they sat down next to her.

"We figured you'd be here since you missed lunch," Fred said, taking a slice of bread from the plate.

"And we have something to discuss with you," George continued.

"It's rather important," Fred added.

Samantha took another spoonful of soup. "Go on."

"Well remember when Ludo Bagman paid us after the Cup?" George asked.

"How could I forget?"

"Did you know that he paid us in Leprechaun gold?" Fred pressed.

She shook her head. "No. Is that a problem?"

They looked at her with wide eyes. "You didn't realize it vanished by the next day?"

Samantha furrowed he eyebrows. She didn't notice. She put the gold in her trunk and never noticed it was gone. "I guess not."

"So we thought it was a mistake and want to write to him," George said and showed her the quill and parchment.

"Actually," Fred spoke. "We want you to write to him."

"Me? Why?"

They both chuckled. "Isn't it obvious?" George asked.

"Obviously he seemed quite taken with you--"

"You both are ridiculous," Samantha cut in, waving her hand. "He was just being nice. That's his nature. Flamboyancy."

"Well I don't think so," said Fred. "And I don't think he'll refuse you."