Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten : Let's Fight

~ Laurin's P.O.V~

" Let's go somewhere to talk " Nick whispered to me, Abigail and Darrick.

I quickly glanced at the clock and saw it was two in the morning. They had been downstairs watching a movie and I came down because I couldn't sleep.

We nodded in agreement and silently ran out of the house. I was praying Alex didn't notice me missing. I could tell Nick was hoping Faith wouldn't notice either and Abigail was hoping Ryder didn't notice her missing too.

We would have ran to our regular place to talk. It was a little blood bar named Bite Me but since the King put out a warrant, we didn't want to risk getting caught. So we made our way to a normal human bar. As soon as we walked in, the strong smell of alcohol hit me. I stopped breathing so I could ignore the horrible stench. Yes, I hate alcohol.

We walked over to a booth and sat down. I looked at everyone and they nodded at me. I made sure no one was looking and put up a small little barrier around us. It made sure no vampires or humans could hear our conversation.

" What are we going to do? " Abigail asked.
" We fight. We could use the wolves to help us " Nick said.
" No, we're not bringing them into this " I said.
" Why not! We don't make the women and children fight, just the males " Nick explained.
" You know why I can't do that Nick " I sighed.
" She's mated to an Alpha, she's going to be protective of the pack " Darrick explained.

Nick let out a frustrated sigh.

" Then we need to get Darrick a werewolf mate" Nick shrugged.

I turned to Darrick but saw him looking down. I could tell he was sad but I didn't know why.

" You ok? " I asked him.
" Huh? Oh umm yeah " He replied nervously.
" Well then we can try to look or we ourselves can fight " Abigail said.
" We can't fight. There's no way four vampires can take down the king and his army " I replied.
" Not four regular vampires but four Wolf Slayers" Nick smirked.
" Then we'll fight " I smiled.
" And we'll help " Someone interrupted.

We all quickly turned and saw Alex, Faith and Ryder.

" No " I hissed.

Alex came and sat next to me while Faith and Ryder sat next to their mates.

" The pack will help Laurin, they'll do anything to protect their pack members " Alex smiled.
" He's right " Faith agreed.
" Ok " I sighed defeatedly.
" Then tonight we fight " Alex said.

~ Darrick's P.O.V ~

There was no way I was going to let everyone die just because of my past. I wasn't going to let my friends or the wolves die. I knew this was coming.

And I knew my time was up.

~ Alexander's P.O.V~

After our talk at the bar, we all made it way back to the pack house.

My wolf and I where really proud and happy that Laurin was trying to protect the pack and everyone else. She would be a great Luna.

Everyone went to the living room to talk but I needed to talk to Laurin. Alone. I grabbed her hand and lead her upstairs to my office. We walked in and I closed the door behind us.

" What's wrong? " Laurin asked.
" I don't want you fighting " I replied.
" I have to, this is my fight " She said.
" Yet I want you here, safe " I explained.
" It'll be ok. I will be right along side you and the pack " She smiled.

I smiled at her. She walked over and hugged me and I hugged her back.

" I love you " I said to her.
" I love you too " She replied.

I gave her a quick kiss and then we both walked back to everyone else. We sat down on the couch and I put my arm around Laurin.

" We need to train " Ryder said.
" I agree with that " Nick agreed.
" We need everyone at our best " Faith added.
" Then let's train " Laurin smirked.

~ Laurin's P.O.V~

" The one time we can fight and everyone's ok with it " Nick joked.
" I know right " I laughed.

Me and him walked over into the little ring they had. I looked and saw most of the pack was training but children were watching me and Nick fight.

I had convinced Alex to let the women train. He didn't want anyone getting hurt but I knew they needed protection if a vampire was to get to them. Luckily he agreed.

" Let's fight "