Nala's Family Reunion

Nala's POV

I hated that I didn't see Aurora as much and Tama is also sad. The only good thing that has happened is that mum was due to give birth soon. But she has hidden us from the rest of the pride while Sarabi pr Mary brought her food. Mum had also been sending out calls to someone outside the pride lands. She won't tell me who though.

Today mother has been in a lot of pain and I kept watch over her scared. I don't know what was happening or how to help her. She told me she was fine and not to get anyone as someone was already on their way. So I kept watch for someone approaching until I see a male lion heading this way quickly.

"Mother there's a rogue lion" I state scared.

"It's ok I've been expecting him" she assures me and sends out an other call. Which was answered and the lion soon appeared. "Lucian I'm glad you made" she states as he rubs against her gently purring.

"How do you feel my mate?" he asks.

"Mate?" I ask tilting my head confused.

"Oh my word, is that really my little Nala?" he asks looking at me fondly.

"Relax Lucian, remember she was only just born when you last meet" mother tells him.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name is Lucian and I am your mother's mate. As well as your father" he explains. Once it clicks in that he is my father I cheer running to him rubbing against his front legs happily. "I have missed you too little one" he says licking my forehead.

"Do you think my little brother's ok?" I ask him.

"I'm sure he's fine, but why do you think it's a boy? It could be an other girl" Dad asks.

"I want a little brother I already have two sisters" Nala states.

Father looks at mother for an explanation. "I think she means Sarabi and Mary's daughters Aurora & Tama. The three of them grew up together and are practically sisters. As Mary and Sarabi are to me" mum explains before groaning in pain.

"Daddy help mummy" I say.

"She's fine just giving birth Nala, she went through the same thing with you" he assures me. So we watched as she gave birth and caught up on my life. Soon the sound of little 'mews' were heard and we turned back to mother. She was cleaning the new cub before nudging him towards her stomach for his first feed.

"How is the cub Sarafina?" dad asks her.

"He is fine and after his drink you'll learn his name" she states.

"But I what to know now" Dad pouts and then looks down at me. I was laying down on his front paws in front of mother. "Do you know my little angel?" he asks.

"I do, but I won't tell you" I tell him smirking. Soon mother finished feeding my new little brother and placed him in front of her. "I think we should put father out his misery" I tell her and she giggles.

"Lucian meet your new son Mheetu" she tells him.

"It's perfect" he says smiling down at Mheetu as I to smile at him with mother.

"Nala decided the name" she tells him.

"Amazing choose Nala" he states licking my forehead again. I start making faces at Mheetu and he 'mews' happily. "I know he'll be in good hands with you two" dad states and I look at him.

"You're leaving?" I ask sadly.

"I'm a rogue at heart my little Nala, I don't do well with others or in a pride. But I'll always be in your heart and if you need me. Just look up at the stars I do the same every-night especially on a full moon. So know when  you look at them it could be like we are doing it together" he tells me calmly.

"Don't worry Nala he is spending the day with us and leaving tomorrow before patrols start" mum assures me. So for the rest of the day I showed dad my hunting skills. He caught a zebra for us all to eat. Mum tended to Mheetu mostly while I had father daughter time with Dad.

When night fell we all went into the den mum had made and slept next to each other. As the sun rose the next morning Dad said goodbye to each of us. "Take care of your mother and brother for me" he tells me gently.

"I will father, please visit more often" I tell him.

"I'll try my little angel" he promises licking me goodbye before leaving quickly. I returned to mother to see her tending to Mheetu. She said I could go to the waterhole saying the others were there. I rubbed against her in goodbye and licked Mheetu's head goodbye. Before running to the waterhole to tell the others of Mheetu's birth.

A/N

Picture above of Nala's family.