#55. Big Brother » Chris

Chris held a little girl's hand as he walked on set of Civil War. After constant begging for years since he had landed the role of Captain America, Chris had finally caved and decided to bring his little sister, Kahleia, to set.

The bright eyed young girl took in the set, watching many crew members push around set pieces, producers and directors talking to one another, other crew members standing around stuffing their faces at the food table. It was all quite amazing to the little girl.

Chris lead Kahleia to a trailer door, then stopped and knelt down to her height.

"Alright, here's the deal," he told her. "You gotta sit in here and wait while I get ready, then you can come to set and watch us film a few scenes, but you have to sit still and stay quiet until the director calls 'Cut', okay?"

Kahleia nodded. "Okay!"

Chris smiled and ruffled the young girl's hair, causing her to bat his hand away, before turning to the trailer and opening the door.

Already sat getting her makeup done was Elizabeth Olsen. She was already in her Scarlet Witch costume and the makeup artist was almost finished doing her makeup. When the door opened, she turned to smile at Chris.

"Hey!" she said. Chris nodded in response. Elizabeth noticed Kahleia hiding behind Chris' leg. "Who's this pretty little girl?"

Chris looked down at Kahleia and made a gesture that said "say hi". Instead, Kahleia pressed her face against Chris' leg and refused to make eye contact. Chris chuckled.

"This is my little sister, Kahleia. She's shy," Chris explained. "Leia, this is my friend, Lizzie. She plays Scarlet Witch. Your favorite character, remember?"

Elizabeth's face lit up. "I'm your favorite? Awe, that's sweet!"

"Yep," Chris said. "She likes you and Sebastian more than her own brother. Isn't that right, munchkin?"

Kahleia let out a giggle as Chris knelt down and tickled her. Elizabeth laughed and Chris picked his sister up and sat her down on a nearby stool.

"She's gonna watch us film today," Chris continued to tell Elizabeth. "She's been begging me to bring her in since Winter Solider."

"Big fan?" Elizabeth asked.

"Huge fan. She loves the Marvel universe."

The makeup person finished Elizabeth's makeup and began to get ready to do Chris' hair and makeup. Elizabeth stood from her seat and checked her phone, as the Russo brothers had texted her the schedule for the day. She was headed to the door when she noticed Kahleia again.

She was sat on her stool, looking down at her hands and swinging her legs. She looked quite bored already.

"Hey, Kahleia," Elizabeth said, drawing the 8 year old's attention. "Wanna come with me? I won't be filming for about 20 minutes, so I can show you around the set if you want."

Kahleia looked to Chris, asking for his permission.

"Go ahead," Chris shrugged. "Lizzie will take good care of you. I'll see you later."

Kahleia jumped off the stool and raced for Elizabeth. Elizabeth smiled and took her hand, leading her out of the trailer.

The sun was shining brightly down on the hot set. Each of the actors, except Robert Downey Jr., were dreading filming in the heat while wearing their hot, spandex superhero suits. Kahleia shaded her eyes with her hand as Elizabeth led her back towards the snacks table, where two new people were standing.

"S'up Renner, Mackie," she said. "We have a special guest here today; guys, meet Kahleia Evans. Kahleia, meet Jeremy and Anthony. They play Hawkeye and Falcon."

Kahleia moved to hide behind Elizabeth's leg again. The two men chuckled as Jeremy opted to kneel down in front of her.

"You must be the little sister Chris has been talking about," he said. "It's nice to finally meet you. Are you excited to watch us film?"

Kahleia nodded, but didn't speak.

"Awe, she's shy," Anthony cooed. "Can't see how she's related to Chris then."

Jeremy began to laugh. Kahleia wasn't sure why they were laughing, but she decided to laugh too.

"I'm showing her around the set and introducing her to everyone while Chris is getting ready." Elizabeth leaned forward and whispered, "You wouldn't happen to know where S-E-B-A-S-T-I-A-N is, do you? He's her favorite."

Kahleia knew what Elizabeth was spelling, she was able to spell after all. But she pretended she didn't and withheld her excitement.

"He should be here soon," Anthony replied. "He's even in his costume, so she'll love that I'm sure."

Sure enough, Sebastian came strolling out of the costume trailer in his Winter Soldier outfit. Kahleia was beyond excited and began pulling at Elizabeth's leg, forgetting who she was with. Elizabeth chuckled and called out to Sebastian.

"Hey Seb!" she called. "Come over! We have a little fan here!"

Sebastian raced over to the three and smiled down at Kahleia.

"Who's this little munchkin?" he asked.

"This is Chris' sister, Kahleia," Elizabeth replied. "She's a huge fan, I was giving her a tour while Chris is getting ready to film."

"Well, I have a scene coming up now. I can take her to set, if you don't mind," Sebastian told her. "Just be sure to let Chris know where she is. Remember what happened last time with his dog?"

"He knew I wouldn't let anything happen to Dodger, I don't understand why he overreacted!" Elizabeth sighed.

Sebastian laughed and extended his hand to Kahleia. She was more than slightly excited to follow her hero around the set.

For the next few minutes, Sebastian introduced Kahleia to the crew, told them who she was, and found a place for her to sit while they filmed. Kahleia agreed to keep quiet while filming, and to not tell anyone what she saw being filmed once she left the set. Sebastian told the crew members to direct Chris to his little sister when he arrived.

Kahleia watched the scene being filmed with excitement, as if she were already in the theater watching it. She loved her brother's movies, at least the Marvel ones anyways. Chris would always sit down with her and watch them whenever she asked, even though he filmed them and had saw them so many times before.

Chris was the best big brother to Kahleia. Being the baby of the family, Kahleia usually only had her cousins to play with, most of which were either younger or boys who preferred to play with boys; or both. Her siblings were pretty well adults with adult jobs and tended "not to have time" for Kahleia. Except Chris. Chris always made time for Kahleia whenever he could.

In between filming scenes, Kahleia felt a hand rest on her head before messing up her hair. Kahleia squealed in protest as Chris laughed.

"Enjoying filming, Leia?" he asked her, pulling up a chair next to her own and sitting down. Kahleia definitely noticed her big brother now transformed into Captain America.

Kahleia nodded her head, excitedly. "Yes! This is the most fun I have ever had. You're the best big brother ever, Chris!"

Chris chuckled as the little girl bounded off her chair and jumped onto his lap for a hug.

"I try," he joked, mainly to himself, giving his little sister a squeeze.