Chapter 4

Harry's POV

Well, well, well. What do we have here? Mmm... I don't know where to start. So many souls to choose from. I leaned on the frame door and scanned the classroom. Aha! I think I'll start with the blonde girl over there; she's practically devouring me with her eyes. Sex, sex and more sex. That's all what she's thinking of.

I smiled to myself.

Oh darling, you don't know with who you're getting into.

I walked towards her with a slow pace but never ceasing to look at her in the eyes. She was hot, yes. I really wanted her soul but a wild night never killed nobody. Well... maybe it has, but not me. Lust and fun are the things for what I'm here for.

"Hello, darling." I said in a husky voice. I put my arm on her desk and leaned closer. "What's your name?"

She was playing with a lock of her hair and scanning my body shamelessly. "Why should I tell you my name? I don't know you." A cheeky smile appeared on her face. Pretending to be hard to get, huh? 

"Look, honey." I said in a seductive voice, leaning even closer to her. "We both know you're not the good girl type and I'm not the good guy type either. So why you pull this mysterious attitude when the truth is that you're dying for me to get in your pants?"

She bit her lip trying to be provocative.

I got her.

"I'm Rachel, and you hot stuff?"

I'm your worst nightmare. "Harry." I said, a charming smile on my face . "Harry St-" What the fuck is that? I looked all over the room trying to find the source of that tasteful, sublime and exquisite soul. My body reacted like a chemical bond that keep atoms connected together. I was being drawn to that person and I couldn't control it.

For a moment I stayed bewildered but soon recomposed. I have never reacted like this to a human's soul. All my body was demanding, claiming that soul. 

"Harry. I'm over here." The girl said, calling for my attention.

"Ssh." I hissed her. I don't have time for an easy slut like you right now. I have to find who... Oh. My eyes landed on a petite brunette who had just passed by us and has her back to me. She abruptly stopped walking and I knew she could sense me. I knew she was feeling terrified and I loved it.

A tall copper haired guy got in the way and put his hand on the girl's back. I got into the guy's mind and I got pretty much all what I needed to know about my next and most important acquisition. Her name. Raiza Esmond. And according to him she was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Humans.

I don't call humans by their names because that's turn too much personal and I don't get personal or attached to anything nor any of these humans. I only needed her name to inquire into her and found out everything there is to know about her and use it all in my favour to manipulate her. Now, I just need to get into my prey's mind and...

Nothing.

What the fuck is going on? Why I can't get into this girl's mind? I can see her soul, it's pure and good, it has a perfect and divine glare, so why I can't get into her mind and read her thoughts?

An old man, who I assume was the teacher, entered the room. Lovely, I can't believe I'm doing this shit just to get souls. Nevertheless... I must admit it, this is starting to get interesting.

I left the blonde girl alone and walked to the other side of the room and sat at the back. I had a marvellous view of my prey. She was still looking down but I knew she could feel me watching her. I still don't get it, I can feel and see her soul, but I can't access her mind. I can sense what she is feeling but nothing more. But I can't see her soul entirely like I used to, it's like I can only see the 'outside' not the 'inside'. I always can access human's entire soul and mind getting to know all their secrets, fears and dreams, but with this girl... I can't.

I over heard the old man calling my name. "Here." I said.

I saw the brunette girl turning her head from the other side of the room to get a look at me. I could get a pretty good view of her face too, she wasn't that bad for a human. Deep hazel eyes, a natural upturned nose, full light pink lips. She looked younger than what she really was. She seemed 17 more than 21. Even though, being beautiful won't help her with me. I smirked. She turned around immediately.

The stupid lesson finished in a blink of an eye. When you have spent so much time 'living' like me, time becomes something irrelevant. Besides, I got entertained messing around with everyone's mind until my attention drifted again to the girl. I weighed the options that could possibly explain why she is fucking immune to my mind control and manipulation. This only makes her more desirable to me.

I licked my lip.

"Wait, before you go." I heard the teacher saying, stopping the students from going. "I need the name of your partner now."

I smiled and walked over to where she was sitting. I knew the guy was going to ask her to be his partner but I'm afraid I'll just ruin his plans.

"She's going to be my partner." I said from behind her. She turned around and saw me. She looked me straight into my eyes.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Look, pal." The copper haired guy said. "She clearly doesn't want to be your partner. Raiza didn't even know."

"I want to be your partner, Harry." The blonde girl suddenly said walking towards us.

"Now she does." I told him in a defiant tone, not paying attention to the blonde next to me.

"Is there a problem back there?" Mr. Aguilera asked us.

"We-" My prey started saying but I cut her off.

"We're just teaming up, Mr. Aguilera." I said. 

"Do you have your partners yet then?" The teacher asked, taking a piece of paper to write down our names.

"Of course." I smiled. "Raiza Esmond will be mine." 

She tried to argue and say no, but she couldn't. It was useless. Her eyes were glued to mine and her mouth was sealed. I wouldn't let her say no, she's already a pain in the ass. I don't need her to cause a scene. Even though, knowing she wanted to fight back and resist me awoke something in me. Something that has been buried deep inside for a very long time.

Desire.

Nah, desire is a feeling and I don't have that shit... 

No, there's no way in hell that I'll have feelings. I would prefer to go to Heaven than have feelings for someone, especially for human. This little filthy human is just fucking up my mind and it has to be the other way around. What the fuck is wrong with me? 

I closed my eyes. My whole body was tensed up. 

I guess I have to do things differently with her, at first. Because I will get into her mind and see her soul completely. No fucking human being, an inferior creature, is going to give me problems in obtaining what I want. I'll approach her as a friend to know all her secrets, everything about her and then... Her exquisite poor and good soul will be mine.

She will be mine.

Knowing that I can't get into her frustrated me in so many ways, it makes me want to kill her. Maybe I should. Nah. Where it's left the fun part? If I kill her I won't be able to torture and ruin her in the process. If she's so damn special... Well, I'll be special with her. I'll ruin her and torture her as I have never done before with a human. In the end, she will beg me to kill her.

I felt more intrigued than I have ever been about a human's soul. This has never happened before.

Who the fuck was this girl?