Chapter Thirty Eight

----------------------

Dedication: Theallmightypeter for being the first to vote and comment for the last chapter! And thank you for also voting for this story for the "Best Teen Fiction" in the Fiction Awards for 2017. <333

Recap:

"Thanks for asking me to stay."

I breathed a soft, breathless laugh as I closed my eyes, my body sagging with exhaustion.

His fingers touched my face and I re-opened my eyes. He moved so that his eyes met mine. I smiled at him, before kissing him softly. I placed my hand against his chest, feeling his rapid heartbeat thumping underneath my touch.

"I'm glad you're staying, too."

-----------------------

Warmth engulfed my entire body as I slowly open my eyes, to see Hayden's tanned arm securely wrapped around my body. I have my head buried in his chest, enabling me to hear his deep, even breathing.

I tilt my head back, kissing the bottom of his chin softly, loving how soft and smooth his skin feels.

He stirs, opening his sleep eyes, giving me a slow smile. "Good morning."

"Morning," I reply, my voice a little raspy.

"How are you feeling?"

"Amazing," I smile, kissing him softly again. I was never much of a morning person but having Hayden here changes everything. "You?"

"Never better," he grins, pushing me back so that his body was on top of mine. "What are we doing today?"

I shrug, reaching out and tracing my finger lightly down his jaw, loving how beautiful he looks of a morning. His hair is ruffled, his eyes slightly droopy, his face relaxed.

"All I know is I need a shower and to brush my teeth," I tell him, covering my mouth, not wanting to blast him with my morning breath.

He rolls his eyes. He moves back to his previous position and high-tail from the bed and when I'm standing, I realise I have no clothes on. I glance down at myself.

"I'm naked."

"I know."

"Can you not watch while I walk to the bathroom?"

"I am definitely watching," he teases.

Letting out a huff. As I walk, I am surprised at the soreness I felt between my legs. I let out a slight groan as I lean into the shower cubicle to turn the hot water nozzle on.

I step inside and sigh dreamily. Last night had been perfect. Well, the part when we came home that is. I didn't really appreciate finding out that my mum is dating the infamous Carrie's father.

I am halfway through brushing my teeth when I hear the door open. Drawing my eyebrow up, I watch Hayden walk in and open the shower door. I almost choke on my toothpaste as I take in his magnificently perfect body. My eyes roam over every inch of it as he steps inside.

"Mind if I join?"

"Do I get a choice?" I laugh although my words are muffled.

"Nope."

"Want a kiss?" I ask, giving him a big, toothy smile, knowing that my mouth is completely covered in paste.

"Ah, no thanks... I can wait."

"Are you sure?" I ask tauntingly, moving closer.

Before he has time to react, I press my foamy lips to his, smearing the toothpaste across his mouth.