16

Naruto jumped back, dodging the swipe of the grass ninja's sword. Sasuke tried to capitalize by hurling a kunai at the grass ninja before he looked back.

The grass ninja spun mid air and deflected the kunai and kept spinning, pushing his sword into Naruto s chest.

Naruto's eyes widened in shock just before he burst into white smoke and another Naruto launched himself from a tree branch wielding a rasengan.

The grass ninja used the flat of the blade to block, well...he tried to. Naruto's new enhanced strength and the power of the rasengan allowed him to over power the grass ninja easily.

The explosion of violent rotating wing and denri sent the grass ninja flying back and impacting a tree hard enough to sent the bark. The grass ninja's skin was torn and warped all over his body but he was definitely alive.

Sasuke looked at Naruto in awe. He's like Itachi...

"Sasuke, you know any high scale jutsu? Something powerful and destructive." Naruto was glaring at the grass ninja as he/she/whateverthefuckpedochimaruidentifiesas.

The grass ninja tore the skin from his face. "Very impressive, Naruto-kun... much more so, than Sasuke-kun... kukuku... as expected of someone trained by the Uzukami."

Naruto knew he couldn't win, he could feel it. He cut a quick look to Sasuke, who was ragged and beat down. "Sasuke. Go get Ino and Kiba... get to safety. I'm going to hold him off."

Suddenly a volley of arrows flew at the grass ninja, and to his credit he never even blinked as he spun his sword around defensively and destroyed each arrow as it approached.

Then he stopped moving mid-swing. A shadow, connecting to his, was linked through the debris from the rasengan.

"I'm not even going to as how you learned that technique, Troublesome blonde..." Shikamaru stepped out of the foliage, the grass ninja standing up straight.

Shikamaru forced the grass ninja to toss his sword away.

"Who are you? It's obvious you aren't a genin." Naruto summoned a shadow clone and held his hand out to the clone, allowing the clone to work the shape manipulation of his new jutsu.

A ball of spinning blue chakra appeared in his hand and the clone vanished once it's task was done.

The grass ninja smiled. "I am Orochimaru of the Legendary Sannin. I'm here to give Sasuke-kun a gift. If you little brats think you can stop me..." he suddenly turned into mud and Naruto felt someone appear behind him.

White how pain filled his chest as Orochimaru stabbed him through the center of his chest.

Instead of going down, like Orochimaru thought he would, he spun.

The surprise actually let Naruto hit the Sannin in the shoulder with the powerful jutsu, obliterating it and hurling the Sannin away from him.

Orochimaru used a snake technique to spit another version of himself that wasn't injured from his mouth. It looked like he'd shed his own skin. "To think a genin could force me to-" he looked at Naruto as Shikamaru pulled the blade from his back. "Interesting... if not for the ninetails dark power you might make an ideal host..."

Naruto felt his insides fitting back together like putty and his bones growing to fill in the deep you've from the sword. Finally his skin was completely unblemished again and he crouched.

Orochimaru could feel the nine tailed Fox's chakra begin to stir so he raised his hands. "No need Naruto-kun. I can give Sasuke his gift another time. Tell me though, does Arashi-kun have the same regenerative powers?"

Naruto's response was to pull on the red chakra within a bit more.

"That's a yes. Alright, Naruto-kun, since you're the one who did the most damage...you get to have my scroll." Orochimaru spit out his scroll and set it on the ground before turning away. "Tell Sarutobi, if he cancels the exams I will attack and destroy Konoha."

An arrow from Hinata flew towards his head but he flinched to the side and hurled a kunai at Hinata. His aim was so perfect that it hit her bow, snapping it in two.

When the Sannin finally disappeared Naruto turned to Sasuke. "Lets go get your team."