Shall We Test That? (Loki/Thor x reader)

Takes place during events in The Avengers 

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

Loki heard Fury reply to his taunting, but he didn't hear the words from his mouth. In fact, he barely knew what he, himself, had just said. He was simply buying time, waiting for the moment when the Hulk would take center stage against a team that was barely his own, and when Loki could be free to make his escape. He didn't care at all about anyone on this floating fortress other than one; he only cared about where they were holding you and how he would reach you. If his connection to Barton was holding, the archer would already be following his orders to retrieve you and keep you safe.

"Oh, I've heard. The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you."

The one-eyed man was speaking again, certainly something grandiose and riddled with conceit and delusions, but Loki wasn't concerned with content at this point. His mind was divided as he kept just enough focus on the man to throw him off; Barton and his men were on the way, he could sense that, and soon you would again be at his side and they would see their insignificance as they bowed before him.

"Ooh, it burns you to have come so close," Loki spoke again, "to have the Tesseract, to have power...unlimited power, and for what? A warm light for all mankind to share? And then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, let me know if real power wants a magazine or something," Nick scoffed, turning and finally leaving Loki alone, just as he had been waiting for.

Loki turned his back to face the rear wall, away from the few cameras that he could see, projecting his illusion of strength to appear still for anyone who cared to be watching. He couldn't wait any longer; the more he let his imagination get the best of him with how they might be torturing you or how they might be turning you against him, the more heightened his panic grew. Even though his mind was clouded by turmoil, he tried to reach out again despite the countless attempts that had ended in nothing but failure.

Where are you? Please, my love, answer me. Please.

~~~

In a room that was no more than a few hundred feet away from where Loki was being held, Thor stood guard at your door with arms tightly folded over his chest in his best show of determination to keep you there. Your history together went back for more years than were worth counting, and it was definitely a love/hate rollercoaster to say the least. Early on, Thor was one of your best friends, being the one to introduce you to his troublemaking brother; it was a decision that he came to regret years later due to things exactly like this. You and Loki were too perfect for each other, and Thor was the most prolific enabler of them all.

"Where did you take him?"

Thor stood silent, trying and failing to keep his attention from you; he made the mistake of looking at you as you waited for his reply, and he couldn't help but relax the angry posture that didn't reflect how actually felt. You were, for all intents and purposes, his sister in many ways, and to be the one assigned to keep you under lock and key amused and hurt his soul beyond measure. "That's not of your concern, (Y/N). He hasn't been harmed."

"Of course he hasn't," you scoffed, "that's not the SHIELD way, now is it? Merciful to a fault. Which leads me to ask, since when have you turned into such a company man?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"You left Asgard to find us, did you not? Tell me, with the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the All-father have to muster to conjure you here?"