13

Do I love her?

The fox questions himself. He had definitely grown extremely fond of the girl, but he wasn't sure if he actually wants to be with her forever, and have kids, and grow old together, and-

Pause.

That's not possible, is it? He's a fox, and she's a human. How could they have grown old together, and have kids?

His heart sinks at the thought. Jimin jumps off the couch and walks away from the man, who quietly watches him do so.

Why am I even sad?

His head starts spinning a little as thousands of thoughts suddenly came into his mind.

Stop thinking. Stop it.

Then suddenly, he feels his skull vibrate, his brain starts hurting even more.

"Jimin?!" Taehee's voice rings, making him turn his head slightly to look at her silhouette through his now blurred vision.

"Jimin, what happened?" Taehee kneels down beside the fox and begins examining him for any injuries. He soon found out that he had run himself into a wall while he was focused on his line of thoughts.

"You should be more careful, Jimin. We're so far away from the city, what if you got hurt and we aren't fast enough to bring you to a vet?" She nags, concerned.

Jimin slightly whimpers and lowers his head to apologize to her, and she accepts it before returning to hand wash her clothes. Jimin tails behind her and sits down, mirroring her movements as she sat on the small stool.

He watches her as she scrubs her clothes, but got bored as minutes passes by. Seeing a huge bucket filled with water, Jimin's eyes sparkle. Not at all hesitating, he immediately jumps into the water. His body shivers slightly at the coldness, but that doesn't stop him from jumping around in it.

Taehee can't help but giggle at his adorable actions. She continues watching him, then shifts a little and reaches out for the body shampoo on the stand.

Squeezing a coin-sized amount into her palm, she reaches out to rub the fox's body with it, creating an enormous amount of bubbles. Seeing the rare sight of bubbles, of course, the fox would be excited as ever. He starts jumping around in the water and occasionally stretches his neck to pop a bubble with the tip of his nose.

Taehee laughs at his attempt to burst a bubble that is out of his reach as she continues on her task.

"Jimin-ah, that's enough. Come on, let me get you cleaned up now." She chimes after the washing are done.

Although the urge to disobey her was strong, Jimin obeys and slowly gets out of the bucket. He stands and stares at Taehee as she helps rinse off the remaining soap and foam, drying him soon after.

Do I love her?

"Jimin-ah, go look for Hoseok and Jungkook for now, I'll come to you later." Jimin quickly snaps out of his trance and obediently heads to the living room.

It was loud.

The two boys were sitting closely next to each other, with a familiar metallic device on their laps. Curious, Jimin waddles over and jumps onto the couch, laying down next to Hoseok. 

He remembers where he had seen the metallic device. Taehee had one in her room --she called it a laptop. The only difference between the two is that on Taehee's, only endless words appeared. And on this one, the image of two human beings appeared.

Jimin is now confused as to why the two men seem to be talking to the screen.

Are these two dumb?

Since he had learned that humans in TVs can't talk to you, he assumed that it's the same for laptops.

"Oh, Jimin! How long have you been here?" Hoseok looks to his side and starts stroking the fox's orange fur. "Jimin? Jimin the fox?" Voices boomed through the speaker of the laptop, and Jimin is bewildered.

How did the humans on the screen know my name?

"Mhm. He's right here, beside me." Hoseok grins and pushes the laptop slightly towards Jimin's direction. He can now see the faces of the humans in the screen clearly.

One of the humans seems to be unconscious, while the other stares at him, his eyes wide and his mouth hung open.

"Wah! You weren't kidding when you said she had a fox! Yoongi hyung! Look! A fox a fox!" The brunette man screams while the black haired man groans in annoyance.

"Yah! Shut up! Can't you see that I'm trying to get some sleep?!" Jimin stares at them blankly, still trying to process what was going on.

"So hyung, are you coming over?" Jungkook asks the two older male. 

The brunette nods his head vigorously, already excited to see the fox, while Yoongi gives no response --which Jungkook took as a 'yes'.

"Please come as soon as possible. I'm leaving in two days, we can't just let the maknae be all alone with Taehee. Who knows what this brat will do." Hoseok snickers at the boy, earning himself a light punch on his arm.

"Don't worry, we'll come right after I ask for my leave!" 

If Jimin was a human, his face would've been distorted.

More humans coming over?

A/N -Question: How did you humans find me? 😶