Chapter 24

Chapter 24 

-Alyssa Taylor- 

  "Are we there yet? Can I take off the blindfold? Why do I have to sit in the backseat?" Nima questioned as I took the next left. Keeping a surprise party a secret from Nima is probably the hardest thing ever done by a human.

  "We're not there. You can't take off the blindfold and you're sitting in the back because it looks like I'm kidnapping you," I sighed. Only ten more minutes until we get to the venue, thank God.

  I pulled into the parking lot of dimly lit club and parked into an open space. I unbuckled my seat belt and exited the car to get Nima. The door swung open and Nima's hand was in mine as I led him out of the car, making sure that he didn't trip on the way out.

  "So, where are we?" He asked as I led him towards the club entrance. "The music's really loud, are we at a strip club? Because if we are, I totally don't mind." 

  "Nima, shut up and take off your blindfold," I sighed, ignoring his last comment. He unties the blindfold and turns his head up to look at the building's neon sign, which read Club Dolus.

  "Oh my god! Alyssa! Are you kidding me? This place is hella expensive and hard to get in. No offense, but you can't afford this," Nima yelled, placing his hands on my shoulders and shaking me back and forth. "Are we really going in?" I nodded with a grin and led him to the front of the line. 

  "Alyssa Taylor and Nima Hassan. We're with Fox," I tell the doorman. He nodded at us and we hand him our IDs. He let us pass and soon we entered the large, dimly lit room. Multicolored strobe lights bounced off the walls and the groups of people dancing. The edge of the dance floor was lined with booths and bar stools filled with scantily clad people.

  "Hey, come on," I grinned at Nima, as he was still taking everything in. I pulled him towards a roped off section of the club. "We need to check in over there."

  "Wait, is that the VIP section? Alyssa, you didn't," Nima yelled.

  "I didn't, he did," I grinned as I nodded towards the VIP section. Ryan, who was standing next to an unamused bouncer, gave us a three finger wave and a sappy grin.

  "Ryan did it?" Nima gasped. "Oh my God. Are you kidding me? Ryan paid for a party centered around me? Someone please hold me."

  "If you get your ass over there, Ryan might," I laughed. Nima lightly punched my shoulder as we walked over to the red roped off section. 

  Nima wrapped his arms around Ryan when we reached the VIP section. "Thank you so much."

  "No problem," Ryan grinned before giving Nima a kiss on the cheek. Surprise and joy spread on Nima's face as he looked at Ryan and touched his cheek.

  "Did you just?" Nima gasped, holding Ryan's shoulders. Ryan grinned and nodded, giving me a quick wink when Nima was still in shock. "I'm gonna need a drink." 

  "Thank you so much for doing this," I sighed as I watched Nima walk towards the nearest bar tender.

  "It was nothing," Ryan waved off.

  "No, he really needed this," I smiled.

  "Well, then I'm glad I could help," Ryan grinned. "You look gorgeous, by the way. And do you want a drink?"

  "Thank you, and I don't drink," I said, shaking my head. "Not really my thing, plus I'm designated driver because I'm sure Nima will be drunk by the end of the night."

  "And how are you so sure about that?" Ryan asked with raised brow.

  "Every year since I met him, it's happened," I said.