Chapter Thirty Nine

---------------------

Dedication: XObadhestbabeXO for your really nice and encouraging comment. Thank you. <333

Recap:

"I had a really great day with you today," I told him as we got to my house.

"Me too, Grace," he smiled, before leaning over and pressing his lips to mine. "Now let's get inside and taste those tacos."

Considering we had only eaten lunch not too long ago, I know he wasn't referring to actual tacos.

I rolled my eyes and playfully slapped his arm before I got out of the car.

That boy and his dirty mind.

---------------------

When I wake on Monday, I groan, wishing that I could have a repeat of my wonderful weekend.

I spent every moment I could with Hayden. He stayed over again Saturday night and I could feel myself growing increasingly attached to him. Now that I have experienced sleeping with him beside me twice, it's even harder to fall asleep alone now. I wish he could stay every night.

I go about my usual routine of showering, getting dressed while appearing somewhat zombie-like. Grabbing a banana on my way out, I pad down the driveway, banana in one hand, my leather shoes in the other, my hair tied back into a messy braid.

Seeing Hayden's face through his tinted window, makes me perk up considerably and by the time I am opening the passenger side door, I am grinning.

"Good morning," I chirp, jumping into the car and pressing my lips to Hayden's soft, pink ones instantly. "How are you?"

"I like this happy, morning person," he grins back, giving me his adorable, cheeky smile. "What or who, should I say, has made such an impact on you?"

I clear my throat, holding my banana up as though it a microphone. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I announce, Hayden Cameron."

"Aw," he smirks, giving me a playful wink, before pulling from the curb. "How was practise on Thursday? Did I miss anything important? I forgot to ask."

"Oh shit," I say slowly. "I got in a fight with Coach."

"A fight? What?"

"He was being a dick, as usual," I reply, feeling my good mood evaporate as I get closer and closer to where the Satan Reincarnation will be.

He's on my shit list, possibly taking over Mia's position as #1.

I bite into my banana savagely.

"When you're finished with your banana, do you want to eat my-"

"Hayden!"

"What? I was going to say apple?" he finishes innocently.

I roll my eyes theatrically at him. "Sure you were."

He sends me a teasing smile over his shoulder as he exits the ute.

Hayden's warm hand engulfs mine as we walk through the school, into the gymnasium, and through to the locker rooms. When we walked in, eyes swivel to us, before they drop to our hands.

"Dude, you and Connaway official now?" Mike asks him when we part.

"Yeah, man."

Mike and Hayden exchange the one-shoulder-hug thing that all guys do and I bite the inside of my cheek. Ashton's eyes narrow and I swear I can feel the heat from his glare as I unzip my bag.